Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    just one copy?? 500+ Posts
    SP8100N Developer

SP8100N Developer

Hey all,

Can anyone provide me a part no. for the developer for this SP8100N? None of my parts lists show it, nor do they show a maintenance kit. I believe there is a maintenance kit containing the PCU and dev assy which is essentially what I need. I can find all the other parts to rebuild the PCU and can even get a dev filter but cannot find the developer itself. Will a Maintenance Kit A (402960) for the SP8200N do the trick?
    Sounds stupid, but first time I've serviced one of these.

Cheers,
    Jonezy.
    I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. ~Thomas Edison

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    SP8100N Developer

Re: SP8100N Developer

The developer is type 18 Black, part # B0039640 per the product support guide. The kit includes a drum and a developing unit so I would assume that it comes with developer, but I have no first hand knowledge about this product.
    Totoro

SP8100N Developer

Thanks Totoro
    When you say the kit comes with drum and blade, do you mean the developer as a kit or the Maint Kit? If someone could clarify which type of Maintenance Kit is required I would be stoked.

Cheers again.

former propeller tester 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jonezy999 View Post
    Thanks Totoro
    When you say the kit comes with drum and blade, do you mean the developer as a kit or the Maint Kit? If someone could clarify which type of Maintenance Kit is required I would be stoked.

Cheers again.
    try 402605 (pcdu kit apparently)
    Last edited by BLADE; 01-24-2012 at 02:22 AM.

SP8100N Developer

Quote Originally Posted by BLADE View Post
    try 402605 (pcdu kit apparently)
    Cheers Blade

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Gift's Avatar

I'm curious - how much does ricoh charge for the PCDU unit that is available in some regions (via PM if you prefer)?

In Europe we have to PM this engine the same way like the copiers with separate parts.

SP8100N Developer

Quote Originally Posted by Gift View Post
    I'm curious - how much does ricoh charge for the PCDU unit that is available in some regions (via PM if you prefer)?

In Europe we have to PM this engine the same way like the copiers with separate parts.
    I can't remember off the top of my head exactly, but it is expensive. I would have normally used individual parts myself, but Ricoh reimburse us 100% for government machines and they preferred me to use the PM kit.

RRP $1980

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Gift's Avatar

OK - that appears expensive for the customer but both kits (fusing/transfer + PCDU) are offered online for together ~1200$. Replace entire units is probably compareable or maybe cheaper than the costs for "classic" pm kit + drum + dev and ~2-3 hours work. I think with these user-kits you're done within half an hour. It's probably a bit ugly economy wise (more trash to dispose) but on the other hand I'd expect more reliability with new units compared to a classic PM with single parts, especially if the machines are getting older.

SP8100N Developer

Quote Originally Posted by Gift View Post
    OK - that appears expensive for the customer but both kits (fusing/transfer + PCDU) are offered online for together ~1200$. Replace entire units is probably compareable or maybe cheaper than the costs for "classic" pm kit + drum + dev and ~2-3 hours work. I think with these user-kits you're done within half an hour. It's probably a bit ugly economy wise (more trash to dispose) but on the other hand I'd expect more reliability with new units compared to a classic PM with single parts, especially if the machines are getting older.

There is considerable mark up on the RRP. One could easily make a profit selling them cheaper than that.
    As for reliability, I'm with you, the worst part about rebuilding these PCU's is trying to pat in the drum, without getting the charge roller filthy which is were the print quality issues arise.