Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Technician

Fiery E-7000 on 5560C

Does anyone know why there appears Postscript errors on heavy Indesigndocuments (the entire doc. stall's)when you try to print from Mac OSX but the same doc. can be printed in smaller portions on the same Mac without problems but it works completely(38s) from printbutton on the computer until first paper output when you print it from WinXP PS. It's PPC Mac's if it matters i don't know but it would be nice with some input in this matter

It's not easy being green 1,000+ Posts Cipher's Avatar
    I stopped asking why things don't work like they should a long time ago.
    But in your case the Fiery may just need patching to v1.2.0.

Fixes

• When output tray gets full or jam, the E7000 v1.2 server cannot
    recover.

• Sending two jobs to E7000 v1.2; with Plockmatic finisher
    attached. The second job gets stuck in the Staple tray in the
    plockmatic finisher.
    • Knowledge not shared, is eventually knowledge that becomes lost... like tears in the rain.

Fully qualified technician for Ricoh - Canon - Sharp - HP - Brother

Technician
    No it was v1.2.0 and that didn't work either then i changed HDD (because i also hanged a lot) and reinstalled with the only CD i had and that was 1.1.0 and the problem persist's and i'm going bananas :-) so thank's but that was already done.Any new idea would be welcome,i'll check in tomorrow again have a nice evening
    A

Sorry that's as far as my knowledge stretches on Fiery's.
    We don't sell many because I don't really rate them.

Don't get me wrong I know they are processing work horses and have many extra features, but they are overkill for most customers requirements imo.
    • Knowledge not shared, is eventually knowledge that becomes lost... like tears in the rain.

Technician
    Hello DaZ my poor Fiery is in a Mac environment and someone told me as a suggestion "try to lock the network speed" how do you feel about this suggestion,do you think this can cause the amount of postscript errors?
    A

There has been a couple of RTBs issued in the past for problems that occur under certain network conditions for GW controllers when the network speed is set to 'auto' detect at the switch/router.

It's plausible manually setting the network speed could prevent connectivity dropouts.
    But I can't say I've experienced any network problems like that first hand myself.

It sounds like a unknown Fiery software or driver bug.
    But it's easy sitting here to say that though... proving it is another thing.
    Can you recreate the same issue printing from a different Mac/source?

Technician
    I'll try to do so at monday when i patch up the RIP to the appropriate version but personally i'm doughtful about the networkspeed,i believe that there would be other problems also if it was the networkspeed settings.My experience is rather that Efi mounts very good nic's in their RIP's the weirdest thing is that if i download the comlete Indesignfile and process it on the rip the entire file is PS error and you can preview the raw postscriptcode on the preview pages i "Command Workstation" .I have experienced the connectivityproblems with the GW Controller and auto speed detection but at the same location have sometimes been a Fiery RIP with no problems at all so i have to swim in syrup a little bit longer but for now "let's have a nice weekend" i'll let you know how this case end's
    good evening.
    Anders

Technician

E-7000

Hi all, this problem wasn't networkspeedrelated but today i downloaded the Win PPD for pagemaker and installed a new printer in MacOSX using this PPD and the result was that suddenly every option in the multifunctionworld was available for Coniguration when you installed the printer and everything was working on a demo unit at office.Tomorrow i'm going to do this sharp at customer's site and hope it works out well.
    Seyou tomorrow
    Anders

Technician
    Now i tried the Win PPD at customer site and it worked very well now they can do booklet with saddle staple in indesign (heavy document's) without worrying about Postscript errors ,a little higher learningtreshold with options selection and so on but it's a skilled customer.
    Case closed
    best regard's
    Anders

Copier Gawd 50+ Posts

fiery 7000

please read attached bulletin