Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: SP C232dn

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    SP C232dn

SP C232dn

How do I reset SC543 on this printer? It is not a copier so I cant use the stop 107 hold clear. It only has an LCD display and few buttons. Can code be reset from printer Op panel? Smart monitor comes up but nothing on how to reset it. Couldn't find exact procedure in service manual. it did say something about SOM but no details. Customer had a power outage so I'm thinking this is a false code and would like to reset it. Thanks in advance

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    SP C232dn

Re: SP C232dn

Quote Originally Posted by copyman View Post
    How do I reset SC543 on this printer? It is not a copier so I cant use the stop 107 hold clear. It only has an LCD display and few buttons. Can code be reset from printer Op panel? Smart monitor comes up but nothing on how to reset it. Couldn't find exact procedure in service manual. it did say something about SOM but no details. Customer had a power outage so I'm thinking this is a false code and would like to reset it. Thanks in advance
    SOM - Service Operation Manual
    Press "Clear" button then release it and right away hold buttons "up" and "down" at the same time for about 5 seconds then release them and press "Enter". Then you will see a service menu 1 and 2. To be able to go into Sp mode which clears fuser codes you should choose option 2 if I'm right it's called "Engine". If you know what to do after then you are good to go.
    Forgot to mention - to clear SC code for a fuser you should use Sp5810 as I remember.