Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    savard

SC 542 error problem

Ok so the power went off the other day and than came back on ...and off and back on again...went to use my printer tonight and now am getting an error message that says SC 542 ...printer is an Aficio SPC311s ...I've read there is sometype of reset but for the life of me I cant figure out where what it is ...Any help is appreciated

Ricoh tech 100+ Posts
    SC 542 error problem

Re: SC 542 error problem

SC542 is a fuser temp related error and i would seriously advise getting it checked out by a Ricoh engineer. At Ricoh we always phone ahead and try to repair faults over the phone but even though we could get the customer to reset this error, we wont as it could be a fire risk. There is a reason end users can not reset this error by rebooting the machine, the reason is it could become a smoke machine or worse cause a fire. Get it checked over, seriously it is not worth just resetting.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    SC 542 error problem

Lightbulb Re: SC 542 error problem

This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from

Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads

Paul@justmanuals.com

Senior Tech 250+ Posts kannuki2's Avatar

Re: SC 542 error problem

Quote Originally Posted by savard View Post
    Ok so the power went off the other day and than came back on ...and off and back on again...went to use my printer tonight and now am getting an error message that says SC 542 ...printer is an Aficio SPC311s ...I've read there is sometype of reset but for the life of me I cant figure out where what it is ...Any help is appreciated
    This machine is different from the other models. You must obtain a Smart Organizing Monitor from Home | Ricoh Global. The software is only available for Windows XP/Vista only. Install it and reset it using the software.
    SOM1.JPGSOM page2.JPG