Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    ddocinc

Lightbulb C751ex quality issue

Hi, purchased a c751ex....ran about 80k on it..blue solids are not solid they have what looks like equal margin roller marks.ran solid tests..only seems to happen on blue...when we have a file that contains solid blue or green 2inch box they show up with noticeable magenta and deletion lines...tech is stumped...should I get a replacement...

thanks t

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    C751ex quality issue

Exclamation Re: C751ex quality issue

This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from:

Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads

Paul@justmanuals.com

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Re: C751ex quality issue

Any chance of getting a sample scanned up here please?

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    C751ex quality issue

What has the tech tried so far? Is this a trained Ricoh tech? I would probably print solids in each color : cyan , magenta , yellow , and black and see which colors have the defect and start from there. I would think drum, charge , cleaning and maybe laser.
    Totoro

ddocinc

tech is ricoh trained...has done all the normal checks, drums...charge unit...even tried the stuff in the tech bulletins..he was here about 4 days ago...took some samples and said he would get back....nothing yet....I will try to get a scanned image uploaded tomorrow.....im wondering if this is common issue or just a bad machine...I have a 90 day warranty....t

vwrome

Sounds like a Dev. Unit

Quote Originally Posted by ddocinc View Post
    tech is ricoh trained...has done all the normal checks, drums...charge unit...even tried the stuff in the tech bulletins..he was here about 4 days ago...took some samples and said he would get back....nothing yet....I will try to get a scanned image uploaded tomorrow.....im wondering if this is common issue or just a bad machine...I have a 90 day warranty....t

ddocinc

they are going to bring another dev unit this week...hopfully will solve problem...if not please stay tuned...
    t

Senior Tech 250+ Posts tjvincent's Avatar

We have 1 with 2 million on it in 1 years time, probably the most common thing is to make sure cleaning units have been updated, there was a service bulletin out for this as well, maybe your machine all ready has it ?