Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MPC 3502 SC551

MPC 3502 SC551

Has anyone seen a machine that has 551 codes early in the morning when it first wakes up? It does not do it every morning but does do it about once a week.
    Utlimately tried changing the fuser and checked the main connector for the fuser, tried Firmeware, setting the machine to wake up at 4am only makes the code show up at 4 instead of 6am.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Service Manager 250+ Posts HP:guy's Avatar

Re: MPC 3502 SC551

What kind of environment are you in?
    Is the office cold in the morning?

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

If the machine has "Always On" enabled in user tools, you might see if that machine can be totally shut off properly at the end of the day. Sometimes "Always On" will cause the fuser to warm up slower than the rest of the machine expects, causing problems. Turning the machine totally off at the end of the day and turning the machine back on at the beginning of the new day will at least take that problem out of the mix.

I cannot set it to always be on. Customer has conservation protocol which this would violate. The enviroment is good and I have the machine in the office now to test. Still gives codes here also.

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 23889 View Post
    I cannot set it to always be on. Customer has conservation protocol which this would violate. The enviroment is good and I have the machine in the office now to test. Still gives codes here also.
    That went almost exactly the opposite of what I intended, sorry about that. Still, since you have it in the office, you might try this. Turn the machine completely off at the end of the workday, using the power button on the control panel, then waiting for the flashing light to stop, then turning off the red toggle switch. Then, at the beginning of the new workday, turn the red toggle switch back on and see if the code comes back.

Ricoh tech 100+ Posts
    MPC 3502  SC551

With the MPC3502 you can just switch straight off at the main switch by tray 1 as the machine will automatically go into shutdown mode before turning fully off. no need to swith off on the control panel on these newer machines

Technician - I.T Support richardjj's Avatar

Details (Symptom, Possible Cause, Troubleshooting Procedures)
    551 A Heating roller thermistor error
    The temperature at the end of the heating roller measured by the heating roller thermistor does not reach 0ºC for 7 seconds.
    • Loose connection of pressure roller thermistor
    • Defective heating roller thermistor
    Related SC code: SC 541
    1. Check that the heating roller thermistor is firmly connected.
    2. Replace the heating roller thermistor.

I would be replacing the Thermistors.

Ricoh tech 100+ Posts
    MPC 3502  SC551

Quote Originally Posted by richardjj View Post
    Details (Symptom, Possible Cause, Troubleshooting Procedures)
    551 A Heating roller thermistor error
    The temperature at the end of the heating roller measured by the heating roller thermistor does not reach 0ºC for 7 seconds.

• Loose connection of pressure roller thermistor
    • Defective heating roller thermistor
    Related SC code: SC 541

1. Check that the heating roller thermistor is firmly connected.
    2. Replace the heating roller thermistor.

I would be replacing the Thermistors.
    original post informed he had changed the whole fuser unit, think that rules out thermistors.

Technician - I.T Support richardjj's Avatar

Sorry should have read the post a bit better.
    That aside, we had the same issue with a customer with a MP5500.
    Changed everything, still did it.

We ended up moving the copier to a different location in the office and the problem disappeared.
    Finally figured out it was on a different power supply phase. We put it back in the same location and fitted a power supply
    spike / filter supressor and issue went away. Not really sure what the cause was as the machine had been in place for a long time.
    We looked at the SC log and the times recored for the SC were like 2-3am in the morning, we could only put it down to someting heavy starting up in the aera at that time and causing a power surge. Had the Power board put a recorder on the outlet, but as usual they found / would not admit to anything. Food for thought. Good luck.

Ricoh tech 100+ Posts
    MPC 3502  SC551

Red face Re: MPC 3502 SC551

Quote Originally Posted by richardjj View Post
    Sorry should have read the post a bit better.
    That aside, we had the same issue with a customer with a MP5500.
    Changed everything, still did it.

We ended up moving the copier to a different location in the office and the problem disappeared.
    Finally figured out it was on a different power supply phase. We put it back in the same location and fitted a power supply
    spike / filter supressor and issue went away. Not really sure what the cause was as the machine had been in place for a long time.
    We looked at the SC log and the times recored for the SC were like 2-3am in the morning, we could only put it down to someting heavy starting up in the aera at that time and causing a power surge. Had the Power board put a recorder on the outlet, but as usual they found / would not admit to anything. Food for thought. Good luck.
    Now that idea i like :-)