Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician - I.T Support richardjj's Avatar

Ricoh MDF and Auto dial A PABX Prefix

Hi guys.
    I'm wondering if anyone has done, knows how, or can be done.

I have several Ricoh MFD's MPC3500 - MPC2800 - MPC4501 - MPC4502.

What I want to achieve from a faxing point of view is have the copier pre-dial a PABX outside line access number (1)
    with no interaction from the customer. Example the customer would walk up to the machine dial 1234567, but the copier
    would automatically place a 1-Pause in front of that number.
    I have played with SP3103 - 3104 - 3105 and tried all combinations, but can't get it to work or do what I require.
    Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Service Manager 250+ Posts HP:guy's Avatar

Re: Ricoh MDF and Auto dial A PABX Prefix

Why aren't they using the address book?

HI.
    Too many one off fax destinations. Rough background, The customer had a very old Kyocera, which was replaced with the Ricoh. When they walked up and dialed the number, including the pabx line access number 1 it worked on the Kyocera. Reason the machine was a very slow dialer, and the pabx had time to access/find a free line. The new Ricoh scans the doc to memory and strings the number that fast, that the pabx doesn’t see the 1st 1 or 2 numbers and often dials internal extensions (Number dependant).
    If you dial the 1 then pause and then the number it works, but they are being a pain in the BUTT saying they never had to do this before. They are not the sharpest tools in the shed, and just wanted to double check it couldn’t be done before we tell them to “like it or lump it”.

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by richardjj View Post
    HI.
    Too many one off fax destinations. Rough background, The customer had a very old Kyocera, which was replaced with the Ricoh. When they walked up and dialed the number, including the pabx line access number 1 it worked on the Kyocera. Reason the machine was a very slow dialer, and the pabx had time to access/find a free line. The new Ricoh scans the doc to memory and strings the number that fast, that the pabx doesn’t see the 1st 1 or 2 numbers and often dials internal extensions (Number dependant).
    If you dial the 1 then pause and then the number it works, but they are being a pain in the BUTT saying they never had to do this before. They are not the sharpest tools in the shed, and just wanted to double check it couldn’t be done before we tell them to “like it or lump it”.
    If it is dialing too fast, you might try adding some pauses in the dialing sequence to let the system catch up. It's been a while since I've had to do that, so I don't exactly remember what the character is for that, I think it was a comma or something back in the day.

Ta dude, BUT
    The foundation of the problem is the CUSTOMER does not want to dial 1 Pause before the number (When they do it works fine).
    The old machine was so slow at dialing the phone number eg:12345678, the pabx had time to realize it needed to find a free line to dial out on and then dial the number entered. The Ricoh does this to fast now, hence we need to do a 1 pause to make it work. They want the copier to automatically dial the 1 pause before the number, with no interaction from the user.

The foundation of the problem is the CUSTOMER does not want to dial 1 Pause before the number (When they do it works fine).
    Most Ricoh machines are copiers with the added option of fax, they won't have/support (with a fix everything) that a fax machine would. I believe smaller dedicated Ricoh faxes have this setting, but it was later remove for some reason.

All-in-all, they will have to live with it or change their machine.

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

Ta dude, BUT
    The old machine was so slow at dialing the phone number eg:12345678, the pabx had time to realize it needed to find a free line to dial out on and then dial the number entered. The Ricoh does this to fast now, hence we need to do a 1 pause to make it work. They want the copier to automatically dial the 1 pause before the number, with no interaction from the user.
    I guess that's why you might want to try programming that into the address book. That way, the customer walks up to the machine, presses the fax button, then presses one of the quick dials that appears on the touch screen and is done with it.