Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Service Manager 2,500+ Posts rthonpm's Avatar

Re: Ricoh 3245c colour calibration

Go to any decent auto store and buy some chrome cleaner. A light coating of this and a little polishing will break down the toner. After you've polished it back to a nice shiny state use a little alcohol to remove any residual amounts of the chrome cleaner that may be lurking about.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

If you have it, my work provides this pink fluid that just melts the toner off. Otherwise a combination of whatever solvents you carry, a green scrub pad, and lots of time should make it shiny. I've never had to replace the roller, so I have no idea how difficult it would be.

Fake edit: Just looked it up, the part seems to be very rare but one site was selling it for 50 bucks. Looks like you have to dissemble the entire unit to replace it though. P/N is B101-3902. Unless you are an independant, I'd suggest replacing the transfer assy.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Ricohguy View Post
    If you have it, my work provides this pink fluid that just melts the toner off. Otherwise a combination of whatever solvents you carry, a green scrub pad, and lots of time should make it shiny. I've never had to replace the roller, so I have no idea how difficult it would be.

Fake edit: Just looked it up, the part seems to be very rare but one site was selling it for 50 bucks. Looks like you have to dissemble the entire unit to replace it though. P/N is B101-3902. Unless you are an independant, I'd suggest replacing the transfer assy.
    f
    Many thanks, used an old method for cleaning chrome bumpers... coca cola and silver foil, came off in a jiff..