Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Technician

Ricoh C900s need help, please

Hi guys,I have a trouble, our machine run normal until I switch SP5807 from N/A to EU, so error "fusing unit is not set correctly" appear, when I switch SP5807 back to N/A the error disappear but fusing lamps is off, so my machine is not warming up. Please help me.Thank in advance.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Re: Ricoh C900s need help, please

Why would you change the regions of the device in the first place?

The question you need to answer is what region is your device from North America or Europe, that will tell us if it is a 220v or 110v

My opinion is you have a 220v fuser in a 110v machine or vise versa.

Also if that is the case the lamps are completely different depending region, also the fuser plug wiring is also completely different hence that is most likely your issue

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Imprestik View Post
    Why would you change the regions of the device in the first place?

The question you need to answer is what region is your device from North America or Europe, that will tell us if it is a 220v or 110v

My opinion is you have a 220v fuser in a 110v machine or vise versa.

Also if that is the case the lamps are completely different depending region, also the fuser plug wiring is also completely different hence that is most likely your issue
    Thank for your answer, I changed the regions because I think I it involve in size paper, then I get it's wrong decide .
    Our machine from North America, the machine is still detected fusing unit but dont supply electric for it. Whether I set Sp code?

Sorry for my poor English.

Thank you very much.

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts Eric1968's Avatar

Changing the region because of paper sizes??????? Just messing around in the Service Mode is not a good idea when your not a trained tech!

Vietnam is using 220V, but sometimes also 110V, so you need to check what voltage your area is using and check what kind of Fusing Unit is in the machine.

And if the Fusing Unit doesn't warm up you'll get some kind of Service Call.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Eric1968 View Post
    Changing the region because of paper sizes??????? Just messing around in the Service Mode is not a good idea when your not a trained tech!

Vietnam is using 220V, but sometimes also 110V, so you need to check what voltage your area is using and check what kind of Fusing Unit is in the machine.

And if the Fusing Unit doesn't warm up you'll get some kind of Service Call.
    Thank you,

My voltage is 220V. How can I check the kind of Fusing Unit?

Before I had changed area the machine is normal.
    Now AC drive board has no signal from IOB2, so Fusing Unit can't warm upm

If you're having 220V connected to a 110V machine from the US, that's asking for trouble. Like Imprestik says, the lamps and the wiring are different. I would also say that there's a 220V Fusing Unit in a 110V machine. I don't know what happens with this machine when you connect it to 220V, but most muchines can't handle that and the Power Supply will blow up.

Technician

If you're having 220V connected to a 110V machine from the US, that's asking for trouble. Like Imprestik says, the lamps and the wiring are different. I would also say that there's a 220V Fusing Unit in a 110V machine. I don't know what happens with this machine when you connect it to 220V, but most muchines can't handle that and the Power Supply will blow up.
    My Fusing Unit is a 220V Fusing. currently, my technician test for signals in AC power board. All electronic components are good, but, no controlled signal to the board. I am sure our technician is good background in electronic engineering.

Because he doesnt have detail electronic schematics of boards, only block and wiring diagram so it is hard to distinguish errors from hardware or command from the microprocessor in PCB boards.

could you provide me higher level of electronic schematics? Other wise we can purchase for them.

THanks and brgs

Maybe you can use Special SP Mode (Press # when you press Copy SP) to revert it back to normal.

Technician

Maybe you can use Special SP Mode (Press # when you press Copy SP) to revert it back to normal.
    I did press following your guide. but when turn on machine, error code sc990.

I think i should re-compile firmware or back-up firmware. please advise me more. in event back-up firmware, what we have to prepare? or to do?

My machine serial number: M8795200009
    thanks

Technician

I have checked fusing unit (output check), every thing is normal: motor, sensor, lamps but the machine doesn't warm-up. Please tell me if I set have to set SP code for the machine warming-up.

Thank you.