Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: AN APOLOGY

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    AN APOLOGY

AN APOLOGY

Sorry I Cannot contribute as much as most of others on this bullentin board,My experience is limited to machines of the distant past,the forerunners of todays equipment that you all post about.So in the end,I become a taker and not much of a giver.I do some service and try my past to make a living to pay my rent.So
    my service on any new equipment is VERY MINIMAL.So I have very little to offer in terms of newer equipment help,I AM AT YOUR MERCY THEN>The one thing I do have is that WE ARE ALL TECH BROTHERS ,I HAVE OVER 35 years experience in the copy business ,that at the very least makes me ONE OF YOU>Someday you may find yourself in the position I am now in,dependant on The HELP of newer Techs.Please respond to my once in a while pleas for help on this TECH bulletin board,YOU MAY FIND YOUSELF IN MY SHOES SOMEDAY

Senior member of CRS 2,500+ Posts
    AN APOLOGY

Re: AN APOLOGY

Quote Originally Posted by cucuklotz View Post
    Sorry I Cannot contribute as much as most of others on this bullentin board,My experience is limited to machines of the distant past,the forerunners of todays equipment that you all post about.So in the end,I become a taker and not much of a giver.I do some service and try my past to make a living to pay my rent.So
    my service on any new equipment is VERY MINIMAL.So I have very little to offer in terms of newer equipment help,I AM AT YOUR MERCY THEN>The one thing I do have is that WE ARE ALL TECH BROTHERS ,I HAVE OVER 35 years experience in the copy business ,that at the very least makes me ONE OF YOU>Someday you may find yourself in the position I am now in,dependant on The HELP of newer Techs.Please respond to my once in a while pleas for help on this TECH bulletin board,YOU MAY FIND YOUSELF IN MY SHOES SOMEDAY
    I'm not Ricoh trained, but I'll try to help with Sharps if I can; good luck to you!
    "You can't trust your eyes, if your mind is out of focus" --

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

wake up bro we have a whole world of smart techs to support don't feel so lowdown spend time with manuals and you would be sure up to date
    'CHEER UP BUDDY"

AN APOLOGY

THANK YOU ZOOTECH and I guess anoney suresh das. As for all the smart techs that you refer to,Why cant one give me some insight into my
    question about a machine recommendation that I previously posted.If I had the experience and knowledge on the machines I was talking about I WOULD HAVE HELPED in any way possible.
    ANDY

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    AN APOLOGY

There's no need to apologize cucuklotz. You don't have bad karma here. I just think there aren't a lot of these printers in the field, and not many techs that see them. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

AutoMajical Resolutionist 2,500+ Posts
    AN APOLOGY

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    There's no need to apologize cucuklotz. You don't have bad karma here. I just think there aren't a lot of these printers in the field, and not many techs that see them. =^..^=
    I agree with Blackcat4866 !! There probably isn't alot of feedback for these models...
    Mystic Crystal Revelations

Service Manager 250+ Posts HP:guy's Avatar

Can't find your request what do you need?

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    AN APOLOGY

Ricoh printer 4310N:

Ricoh 4310N
    =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    AN APOLOGY

Quote Originally Posted by cucuklotz View Post
    You mention you have over 35 years experience. You do not mention your age though. At 65, I will be 66 just under 2 months, I have over 40 years in the office machine business, mostly copiers. Do some online studying of computer networking and check some of your local dealer who can use a little part time help. It won't very long for you to get up to speed with many of us here and you should quickly get ahead of most of the younger techs who come with some very simple problems.

AN APOLOGY

HI,
    Yes the site is VERY HELPFUL..That has Never been an issue.It has been a savoir to me many times.I just felt like venting.Maybe Im becoming a crotchety old fart.In the old days MANY techs I worked with were reluctant to share for fear of being no longer needed .I know that is NOT a problem here,but not having a response conjured up feelings of those early days.
    IM GOING WITH RICOH <BLACKCAT IS USUALLY ON THE MONEY