Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    rndgroot

jams in the bridge unit Ricoh Orval-series MP2852

I have custumers that have meany problems when they used the bridge unit (used for function to the sorter/finischer).
    When the Paper (witch duplex mode) has een little curle on the leading edge, the leading egde of the paper gives
    jams in the beginning of the bridge unit (because there is (I think) en to small opening in the entrance of the bridge unit). The MFP gives than on location 62 many jams.
    The paper is not the probleem (40% HD), I have Tray heaters installed in the machine.
    The Orval is model MP2852-series
    What can I more do om this problem to solved, are there engineers with the same problems by custumers that used this MFP Bridge Unit/Finisher/ and copie or printing with duplex mode.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Exclamation Re: jams in the bridge unit Ricoh Orval-series MP2852

This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from:

http://www.justmanuals.com

Paul@justmanuals.com

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Remove the bridge unit and check the exit section.On there should be two guides either side which stop the paper catching when entering the bridge unit.these are often missed when installing the machine and when the weather gets worse and the paper gains moisture this problem becomes more apparent.if you need the guides they are in the finisher parts manual

rndgroot

Re: jams in the bridge unit Ricoh Orval-series MP2852

Quote Originally Posted by ss12 View Post
    Remove the bridge unit and check the exit section.On there should be two guides either side which stop the paper catching when entering the bridge unit.these are often missed when installing the machine and when the weather gets worse and the paper gains moisture this problem becomes more apparent.if you need the guides they are in the finisher parts manual
    I know that,this paper guides (2x) can only installed bij the ALEX models, these paper guides cannot installed by the ORVAL series. thanks for the brainstorming.

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts Eric1968's Avatar

Replace the two push switches that register cover open.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Check the location number of the jams in jam history of the SMC report Log Data. That should tell where they are jamming.

If you do not see any jams in the history (Last 10 jams) but you do have a high count for jams at Power On in the location counters, then Eric is absolutely correct. These switches are known for having vibration cause them to momentarily show cover open.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Debs1964's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Eric1968 View Post
    I don't replace these switches, I take them apart and clean the lubricant off the contacts with alcohol, works a treat (new switches will have this lubricant on them as well and cause problems later on)
    There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary maths and those who don't

Quote Originally Posted by rndgroot View Post
    I know that,this paper guides (2x) can only installed bij the ALEX models, these paper guides cannot installed by the ORVAL series. thanks for the brainstorming.
    Have you resolve the issue as I am having same issue on the bridge unit mp3353

Technician

Unhappy Re: jams in the bridge unit Ricoh Orval-series MP2852

Quote Originally Posted by Eric1968 View Post
    Where are these push switches located

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Check the location number of the jams in jam history of the SMC report Log Data. That should tell where they are jamming.

If you do not see any jams in the history (Last 10 jams) but you do have a high count for jams at Power On in the location counters, then Eric is absolutely correct. These switches are known for having vibration cause them to momentarily show cover open.
    Whre are these push switches located in machine