Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Ricoh Aficio MP 6001 11x17 Counter

We have a Ricoh Aficio MP6001 and a Ricoh 7001 and wish to have it read 11x17 copies as double copies. We were directed both by the manual and by this forum to the SP 5104. However, when my tech attempts to use this code under the Service Program and/0r the Super Service Program, this Code does not show on the menu.

He has performed this same action on the old Ricoh Aficio 1060s and 1075s with no problem. Has Ricoh changed something? Can you give me some insight on this? Precisely what are the steps one needs to follow to do this manuever?

It is very frustrating, to say the least! Maybe he just needs to hold his head just right or something. He is my tech, but he is my husband, too, and right now he is not very happy with me!

Anyway, any help you could give would be so much appreciated. And by the way, Happy Holidays!

Sharon

Re: Ricoh Aficio MP 6001 11x17 Counter

This mode is only available under Special SP, we do not discuss this publicly as a lot of our contracts require double charges; if a customer finds out how to disable this we could lose money.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ruben View Post
    This mode is only available under Special SP, we do not discuss this publicly as a lot of our contracts require double charges; if a customer finds out how to disable this we could lose money.
    Our clients might do the same, although I doubt they'd find this forum. In that case, would you be willing to share via email? My email address is
    powshar@verizon.net

Please let me know. I did get the actual manual for the 6001 and it is obvious that this info is missing completely.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Okay, answer me this, if you will, Ruben. Does the 6001 come from the factory already set reading 11x17 as doubles? If so, we need do nothing.
    You would be giving away no secret codes this way. It would be good to know this for obvious reasons, our service contract with our client is based on copy counts as well, and they run over half their copies in 11x17s.

Thank you for your previous reply, and looking forward to hearing from you again.

Sharon

Quote Originally Posted by powshar View Post
    Okay, answer me this, if you will, Ruben. Does the 6001 come from the factory already set reading 11x17 as doubles? If so, we need do nothing.
    You would be giving away no secret codes this way. It would be good to know this for obvious reasons, our service contract with our client is based on copy counts as well, and they run over half their copies in 11x17s.

Thank you for your previous reply, and looking forward to hearing from you again.

Sharon
    Only on the 02 and future models is double counting turned on by default, all previous models this Special SP mode will need to be set to 1.