DavidCPC

Post Ricoh DDP70e Any tray except MBT Load Letter LEF

Hi All

I have a Ricoh Badged DDP70e that worked fine on Saturday last. Then this Tuesday comes up with a error message that in itself is misleading. The message is "Any tray except MBT Load Letter LEF" . Well we use A4 Paper in Tray 1 SEF. When doing a Test Print of the text i.e. Alice in Wonderland it prints perfectly. I have maintained the machine for over 7 years now, so there is no confusion of the tray or paper being wrong. Have tried printing from another PC and got the same message. Had an IT come round and check network cables etc. and viruses. All OK. The file is received by the printer as one has to delete it from the front panel. Did have the red flags in the count settings of the Drum to be replaced. Thought I had got the answer. But still get the same message. I note in the manual that this is the first error message because it starts with an 'A'. Getting a feeling it is something more serious, but what. I have switched on/off a number of times, done test prints from the machine OK but even a test print from the PC gives an error message. It seems that the machine receives the file to print but not the parameters re tray, duplex, number of copies etc.

Am really stuck now. Just printed another test print - machine works like a dream. Print a file - no ways !!

Please help if you can

David

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Re: Ricoh DDP70e Any tray except MBT Load Letter LEF

It's been a while since i've serviced these machines, but it seems like you're printing with the wrong tray settings, when asking the "alice in wonderland" testprint, the machine will always print this on any tray/paper. When printing a file (pdf) and point to tray 1 it should print, unless the tray is known as for example Yellow paper, make sure that these settings are correct, you can adjust these on the diplay, but also trough the web interface when browsing on the IPadress.

But i guess in this case you ask a print on letter LEF (check driver settings/driver properties)

good luck

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Ricoh DDP70e Any tray except MBT  Load Letter LEF

It sounds like there is a print job in queue that is asking for paper that is loaded Long Edge Feed (LEF) in any tray other than the Multi-Bypass Tray (MBT). Either load the requested paper size or over ride the paper selection.

DavidCPC

Quote Originally Posted by Vollegaaz View Post
    It's been a while since i've serviced these machines, but it seems like you're printing with the wrong tray settings, when asking the "alice in wonderland" testprint, the machine will always print this on any tray/paper. When printing a file (pdf) and point to tray 1 it should print, unless the tray is known as for example Yellow paper, make sure that these settings are correct, you can adjust these on the diplay, but also trough the web interface when browsing on the IPadress.

But i guess in this case you ask a print on letter LEF (check driver settings/driver properties)

good luck
    Thanks for the response.
    The test print was from the same tray 1. This seems to be a electronic fault, but my service manual does not cover this. We use A4 paper. Letter size is an American format. It seems as if is just giving me the first error in its database which happens to be this one as it starts with an 'A' Even if I obey the machine and give it Tray 1 LEF I get the same message. The test print is from the same tray and settings which is frustrating. I notice a new thing that on the boot up I get a message saying, rebooting or starting up in a courier font that I have not seen before. Worrying. David

DavidCPC

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    It sounds like there is a print job in queue that is asking for paper that is loaded Long Edge Feed (LEF) in any tray other than the Multi-Bypass Tray (MBT). Either load the requested paper size or over ride the paper selection.

The test print was from the same tray 1. This seems to be a electronic fault, but my service manual does not cover this. We use A4 paper. Letter size is an American format. It seems as if is just giving me the first error in its database which happens to be this one as it starts with an 'A' Even if I obey the machine and give it Tray 1 LEF I get the same message. The test print is from the same tray and settings which is frustrating. I notice a new thing that on the boot up I get a message saying, rebooting or starting up in a courier font that I have not seen before. Worrying. David

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Ricoh DDP70e Any tray except MBT  Load Letter LEF

Quote Originally Posted by DavidCPC View Post
    As I said before, vaguely, it is the print job that is requesting a specific paper size and orientation. Check if there is a service setting for substituting A4 paper when Letter is requested. Otherwise, delete the offending print job and check the computer that it came to make certain all paper sizes are metric.

DavidCPC

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    As I said before, vaguely, it is the print job that is requesting a specific paper size and orientation. Check if there is a service setting for substituting A4 paper when Letter is requested. Otherwise, delete the offending print job and check the computer that it came to make certain all paper sizes are metric.

I have fixed the machine !!!! I checked the advanced settings on the Laptop Printer Driver that gave 3 choices. Postscript / PCLXL / PCL5e . I changed it from Postscript to the second option in the drop down text box to PCLXL and the machine now prints under all conditions. I went back again to Postscript mode and yes the error comes up again. Back again to PCLXL and all works. Somehow the printer driver got changed by a gremlin !!!!!!! I have a happy DDP70e.

Thanks for helping

David