Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Ricoh Sp 100su Printer/scanner

I downloaded all drivers from disk to my laptop
    I cannot locate the scanner properties (Specifically the Twain/Wia) to start a scan(I have a Dell with Windows 7) .
    Do i need to download a scanner software?
    Please advice

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

Re: Ricoh Sp 100su Printer/scanner

For TWAIN or WIA scanning, I think you need to set that up in the application you are scanning to. At least that's what I've done here with my home system.
    I am still getting used to the new Windows Control Panel, so I don't know if this will be helpful, but if you've installed the software for that machine you might try left clicking on it's icon in "Devices and Printers" in the "Control Panel" and selecting "Scan Profiles". Click on the items in that window and then click on the "Edit" button on the lower right hand side of that window to see if any of the available options will help.
    (I actually just learned that right now, and it will help me. Thanks for your question!)
    Last edited by Iowatech; 02-09-2014 at 12:56 AM. Reason: Lack of seperator quotes.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Ricoh Sp 100su Printer/scanner

P:roduct Support Guide indicates that this machine is USB TWAIN and not WIA. Windows does not always detect TWAIN devices as "Scanners and Cameras". Softwares that use windows device manager for scanners might not find the TWAIN scanner. I like to use Irfanview. Also, the TWAIN drivers are 32 bit. On a X64 machine, you have to use a 32 bit software.

As for the TWAIN driver, i do not know about this model but older Ricoh machine had the TWAIN drivers on a separate CD from the print drivers. You can also download them from Ricoh.

try to use paperport on scanning because twain is just a driver not a utility or scan tools.
    .....with all it shams, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world.....

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

Actually, it looks like you might want to see if newer software for that machine is available from Ricoh.com - it is usually a good idea to download the latest drivers anyway.

rickybobby606

You should be able to download the software from the ricoh support site!!! Goodluck!!!