Senior Tech 250+ Posts

How to enter service mode on Ricoh SP-C231 N

I had a error code for a bad fuser, and once I replaced the fuser I could not do a SC reset like I am used to doing. There is no display that allows you to enter numbers. I didn't know if you hold two buttons at once, hit a certain button several times in a row while turning it on, etc. I just need to be able to get into service mode on the printer. Any help or advice is much appreciated! Thanks!

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts rthonpm's Avatar

Re: How to enter service mode on Ricoh SP-C231 N

You can use the Smart Organizing Monitor software to reset fuser codes. To do it from the machine, hold the up and down buttons for about fifteen seconds, and then press Enter. That will get you into service mode.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Thank you, I just tried holding the up and down arrows for a while and then pressed the enter button and had no success. Do you press the enter button while still holding the arrows? Do you hold the enter button?

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    How to enter service mode on Ricoh SP-C231 N

Quote Originally Posted by ABS tect View Post
    Thank you, I just tried holding the up and down arrows for a while and then pressed the enter button and had no success. Do you press the enter button while still holding the arrows? Do you hold the enter button?
    This method only works on printer models that have a display. On this model you have to use the Smart Organizing Monitor software. It should have come on the CD with the print drivers. If not you can download it from Ricoh.