Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

Question Sp5200dn sc 440 error

Hello all. This is my fist post on the forum. Ive used the search feature but was unable to find an answer to my issue. Im new to ricoh printers so im learning them as I go along.

Brand new sp5200 out of the box throws an sc440 error when I run a label sheet threw it. Works fine with just plain paper. The manual says its a primary transfer PP output leak while everything I see on the internet says a main motor issue. (At least with other models)

so what direction should I be heading in as far as troubleshooting?

Also, an other issue I've been having with many others of this model is the toner cartridge hard to install and remove. This is with genuine ricoh toner cartridges. Replacing the cartridge does not fix the issue. It appears to be a machine issue. I cant seem to see whats causing that issue either. Any ideas? Is this common?

thanks

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Sp5200dn sc 440 error

Re: Sp5200dn sc 440 error

Main motor lock for this model is SC 500. When you are printing labels, do you set the paper type as labels? Labels are thicker than normal paper and the backing is usually a film of some type. Both of those factors can affect the transfer current.

Technician

yes I did set the type for labels. I also tried it set to plain. either way the error pops up. First page gets have coverage before it codes.

Trusted Tech 250+ Posts Athlontini's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Btrainfra View Post
    Brand new sp5200 out of the box throws an sc440 error when I run a label sheet threw it. Works fine with just plain paper. The manual says its a primary transfer PP output leak while everything I see on the internet says a main motor issue. (At least with other models)
    Try running it out of the bypass tray, and make sure the label side is facing down when you do so.

Also, an other issue I've been having with many others of this model is the toner cartridge hard to install and remove. This is with genuine ricoh toner cartridges. Replacing the cartridge does not fix the issue. It appears to be a machine issue. I cant seem to see whats causing that issue either. Any ideas? Is this common?
    The all-in-one units for this machine have a spring-loaded black plastic shield that covers the drum on the underside of the unit. Our dealership had a faulty batch of these units where those shields would break and cause problems for the unit going in/coming out of the machine. You might be in a similar situation.