Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Carbon copy printing

Re: Carbon copy printing

I have a couple of customers that simply use "coloured collated laser paper".
    You can get it in 2 - 5 different colours. It's a pretty convenient solution, and only requires using 1 paper tray.
    For Example: Colored Laser Paper - Collated, Multi-part Invoice Paper

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Carbon copy printing

Quote Originally Posted by rhansson View Post
    if you look at most new brother printers, now it is an option in the print driver. but it seem to not be available for Ricoh printers. And no sorry it is not Carbon paper the customer is after.
    Quote Originally Posted by sandmanmac View Post
    You can get it in 2 - 5 different colours. It's a pretty convenient solution, and only requires using 1 paper tray.
    Ricoh officially recommends the use of carbonless NCR paper only in selected Productions models such as the Pro 907/1107/1357. Even then, if the customer does a high percentage of carbonless NCR, the chemicals used in carbonless NCR paper can cause roller and other parts to deteriorate faster. I have a couple of schools who use it but only about 1 percent of their total.

I think sandmanmac's suggestion is exactly what you need.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by sandmanmac View Post
    Good idea, yet not cost effective. But thanks any way.

Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar

I've heard no mention if what application(s) you are printing from.

If it's MS Word, it would be fairly simple to write a macro within Word to get the desired results.

It should also be possible to write a VB script for other apps (like Acrobat or Reader.)

i would expect that there is a ton of very inexpensive (and expensive) software that would do this, as well.
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by KenB View Post

If it's MS Word, it would be fairly simple to write a macro within Word to get the desired results.

It should also be possible to write a VB script for other apps (like Acrobat or Reader.)

i would expect that there is a ton of very inexpensive (and expensive) software that would do this, as well.
    The customer is using a program called Clear Enterprise, if that helps. As i am not able to write script or macros that option is not happening for me, cheers.

Service Manager 100+ Posts Moza's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KenB View Post

This might be achievable with an application like word but I have a customer that uses custom software to produce delivery notes which they would like two copies printing on different coloured paper and then stapled, tying to get there vendor to make this change will unfortunately never happen

Printing twice on Pre-collated Multi-Part colored laser paper like sandmanmac said is the only way we can get close but stapling by hand

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rhansson View Post
    The customer is using a program called Clear Enterprise, if that helps. As i am not able to write script or macros that option is not happening for me, cheers.
    I just Googled "Clear Enterprise", and if it is this:
    Clear Enterprise - Clear Enterprise ERP Software by Clear Objective Limited
    it sounds like your customer could ask them for help for this problem.
    As a matter of fact, it would probably be more productive if they would do so, as the software solution would allow them to print that way on any device on their network. That would reduce downtime should the primary printer become inoperative.
    If "Clear Enterprise" is not that, then this is entirely a stupid pointless waste of time, and I apologize.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Iowatech View Post
    I just Googled "Clear Enterprise", and if it is this:
    Clear Enterprise - Clear Enterprise ERP Software by Clear Objective Limited
    it sounds like your customer could ask them for help for this problem.
    As a matter of fact, it would probably be more productive if they would do so, as the software solution would allow them to print that way on any device on their network. That would reduce downtime should the primary printer become inoperative.
    If "Clear Enterprise" is not that, then this is entirely a stupid pointless waste of time, and I apologize.
    I will get the customer to look into that as a solution, thanks for that.

We once had a customer printing invoices on three different colors of paper, each from a different tray. If I remember correctly, they had Custom pcl script that was used. They click print, and they get one print on three colors from three different trays. They were doing this on an mp9000. They no longer print this way as their business has slowed.

Technician

Thanks for the replies, Customer has since updated to a Konica Minolta C364e which has carbon copying/printing as a feature.