Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Technician

Carbon copy printing

Am i able to perform carbon copy printing with a Ricoh SP 4210n. Have two trays. if so which driver is required.

AutoMajical Resolutionist 2,500+ Posts
    Carbon copy printing

Re: Carbon copy printing

newbie, please explain what you are trying to do so the consortium understands. Then we can help you get this done......
    Mystic Crystal Revelations

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Tonerbomb View Post
    newbie, please explain what you are trying to do so the consortium understands. Then we can help you get this done......
    i have a customer that wishes to print 2 of the same pages but on different coloured pages, thus they would then print from tray 1 (white paper) and tray 2 (lets say yellow paper) with the same information on each page. Hence the name carbon copy/ printing.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Carbon copy printing

To me, this would be something to setup in the software. For most word processing and publishing software, make a two page document with both pages the same. In the page setup, have page one print from tray one and page two print from tray 2.

Install either the PCL 5 or PCL 6 drivers, in these you can use Paper Selection. If you use PCL 5 and select 2 copies, you can then use User Defined. With User Defined, set your white paper tray for page 1 and your yellow paper tray for page 2 (even though the document only has one page, the second copy is considered the second page).

Service Manager 100+ Posts Moza's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ruben View Post
    Install either the PCL 5 or PCL 6 drivers, in these you can use Paper Selection. If you use PCL 5 and select 2 copies, you can then use User Defined. With User Defined, set your white paper tray for page 1 and your yellow paper tray for page 2 (even though the document only has one page, the second copy is considered the second page).

I don't think this will work, as far as I'm aware it will only send it down as a single job printing both pages from the same tray. I had a similar issue when a customer wanted to print two copies of a single page document on different trays then staple which by all accounts isn't possible either.

Would be good if you new different Ruben ?

I've tested this on a MPC400 at a customers once, and it seemed to work, I will re-test just in case.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by ruben View Post
    have tried as you suggested, but can still only get it to print from tray 1. unless you have to not only select User defined?

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

An off the wall thing, sorry if this is stupid.
    Still, do you want to create carbonless forms? As in the ones where you sign the white sheet and the signature appears in the correct space on the yellow sheet? For that you have to buy the carbonless paper that already has the paper stacked properly. The machine should be able to handle making carbonless forms then (you might have to set the paper tray for light weight paper and you will have to glue the sheets together though).

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Iowatech View Post
    An off the wall thing, sorry if this is stupid.
    Still, do you want to create carbonless forms? As in the ones where you sign the white sheet and the signature appears in the correct space on the yellow sheet? For that you have to buy the carbonless paper that already has the paper stacked properly. The machine should be able to handle making carbonless forms then (you might have to set the paper tray for light weight paper and you will have to glue the sheets together though).
    if you look at most new brother printers, now it is an option in the print driver. but it seem to not be available for Ricoh printers. And no sorry it is not Carbon paper the customer is after.