Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20
  1. #1
    Technician
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Kalgoorlie
    Posts
    13
    Rep Power
    8

    Carbon copy printing

    Am i able to perform carbon copy printing with a Ricoh SP 4210n. Have two trays. if so which driver is required.


  2. #2
    AutoMajical Resolutionist 2,500+ Posts
    Carbon copy printing

    Tonerbomb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Bugaha
    Posts
    2,584
    Rep Power
    77

    Re: Carbon copy printing

    newbie, please explain what you are trying to do so the consortium understands. Then we can help you get this done......

    Mystic Crystal Revelations

  3. #3
    Technician
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Kalgoorlie
    Posts
    13
    Rep Power
    8

    Re: Carbon copy printing

    Quote Originally Posted by Tonerbomb View Post
    newbie, please explain what you are trying to do so the consortium understands. Then we can help you get this done......
    i have a customer that wishes to print 2 of the same pages but on different coloured pages, thus they would then print from tray 1 (white paper) and tray 2 (lets say yellow paper) with the same information on each page. Hence the name carbon copy/ printing.


  4. #4
    Retired 5,000+ Posts slimslob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Bakersfield, CA
    Posts
    6,992
    Rep Power
    150

    Re: Carbon copy printing

    To me, this would be something to setup in the software. For most word processing and publishing software, make a two page document with both pages the same. In the page setup, have page one print from tray one and page two print from tray 2.


  5. #5
    The New Guy 1,000+ Posts ruben's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Bristol, UK
    Posts
    1,191
    Rep Power
    42

    Re: Carbon copy printing

    Install either the PCL 5 or PCL 6 drivers, in these you can use Paper Selection. If you use PCL 5 and select 2 copies, you can then use User Defined. With User Defined, set your white paper tray for page 1 and your yellow paper tray for page 2 (even though the document only has one page, the second copy is considered the second page).


  6. #6
    Service Manager 100+ Posts Moza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    232
    Rep Power
    21

    Re: Carbon copy printing

    Quote Originally Posted by ruben View Post
    Install either the PCL 5 or PCL 6 drivers, in these you can use Paper Selection. If you use PCL 5 and select 2 copies, you can then use User Defined. With User Defined, set your white paper tray for page 1 and your yellow paper tray for page 2 (even though the document only has one page, the second copy is considered the second page).

    I don't think this will work, as far as I'm aware it will only send it down as a single job printing both pages from the same tray. I had a similar issue when a customer wanted to print two copies of a single page document on different trays then staple which by all accounts isn't possible either.

    Would be good if you new different Ruben ?


  7. #7
    The New Guy 1,000+ Posts ruben's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Bristol, UK
    Posts
    1,191
    Rep Power
    42

    Re: Carbon copy printing

    I've tested this on a MPC400 at a customers once, and it seemed to work, I will re-test just in case.


  8. #8
    Technician
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Kalgoorlie
    Posts
    13
    Rep Power
    8

    Re: Carbon copy printing

    Quote Originally Posted by ruben View Post
    Install either the PCL 5 or PCL 6 drivers, in these you can use Paper Selection. If you use PCL 5 and select 2 copies, you can then use User Defined. With User Defined, set your white paper tray for page 1 and your yellow paper tray for page 2 (even though the document only has one page, the second copy is considered the second page).
    have tried as you suggested, but can still only get it to print from tray 1. unless you have to not only select User defined?


  9. #9
    Just a fellow wanderer 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    3,749
    Rep Power
    80

    Re: Carbon copy printing

    An off the wall thing, sorry if this is stupid.
    Still, do you want to create carbonless forms? As in the ones where you sign the white sheet and the signature appears in the correct space on the yellow sheet? For that you have to buy the carbonless paper that already has the paper stacked properly. The machine should be able to handle making carbonless forms then (you might have to set the paper tray for light weight paper and you will have to glue the sheets together though).


  10. #10
    Technician
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Kalgoorlie
    Posts
    13
    Rep Power
    8

    Re: Carbon copy printing

    Quote Originally Posted by Iowatech View Post
    An off the wall thing, sorry if this is stupid.
    Still, do you want to create carbonless forms? As in the ones where you sign the white sheet and the signature appears in the correct space on the yellow sheet? For that you have to buy the carbonless paper that already has the paper stacked properly. The machine should be able to handle making carbonless forms then (you might have to set the paper tray for light weight paper and you will have to glue the sheets together though).
    if you look at most new brother printers, now it is an option in the print driver. but it seem to not be available for Ricoh printers. And no sorry it is not Carbon paper the customer is after.


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Get the Android App
click or scan for the Copytechnet Mobile App

-=-=-=-=-=-


IDrive Remote Backup

Lunarpages Internet Solutions

Advertise on Copytechnet

Your Link Here