Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar

Re: Printer Properties Language

Quote Originally Posted by TheOwl View Post
    You could also try the Kyocera Print Driver Removal Tool. It works for all models of machines and can also remove orphaned Registry Objects which relate to previously installed printer drivers.
    Give that a try.
    You beat me to it, Mr. Owl!

That has been my favorite tools for years.
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins

Technician

That did not work for me
    I deleted the printer, orphan registry and files from Driver delete but it still shows the printer language as Danish even if the printer in the server is in English. Thanks all for your help!

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts rthonpm's Avatar

If the driver is on a server, you can try the following:

For Server 2003: from the Printers and Faxes list, choose File > Server Properties > Drivers and find the driver in the list it gives you and delete it. Before trying to re-install, and also go into the Regional options on the control panel and re-set everything to English and apply.

Server 2008: from Devices and Printers, click on a printer and choose Print server properties, then choose the driver tab and delete the files for that model.

You can also check all of the dependent files that are there for that driver. For the Ricoh I have installed on my closest server, there are a bunch of files that all start with 'eng' which look to be all of the config and help files. If you've already installed the English version of the driver, you may just want to go into the directory listed as the driver's location, and delete any files that have the same name except for starting with dan instead of eng.