Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts

MP-C5000 with no SD Card

I have two MP-C5000's and neither of them came in with SD cards. Now when I have them turned on they say at the bottom of the screen: "SD card is not set properly, Contact Administrator" and I can't print to either of them or find them on the network.
    Last edited by ABS tect; 07-02-2014 at 10:18 PM.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    MP-C5000 with no SD Card

Re: MP-C5000 with no SD Card

First, contact who ever you got the machines from and ask them to provide you the SD cards. Printer/Scanner firmware is embedded in a Flash ROM on the Controller Board so the missing SD card has to an option such as the JAVA VM card. If you have another machine with on it do the following at the other machine:
    1. Turn the machine on if it is not already.
    2. Enter User Tools
    3. Login as the machine administrator (if needed)
    4. Access Extended Features Settings
    5. From the Extended Features Settings Menu touch Extended Features Settings.
    6. On the Startup Setting tab, touch any feature currently showing as "Starting up". This will change the status to "Ending".
    7. Exit User Tools and shut the machine OFF.
    8. Remove the JAVA VM card.

Place the JAVA VM card in one of the other machines. If this clears the message, repeat the above procedure to the status of any extended features to "Ending". If the message does not clear, then it is some other option card that is missing or it was the JAVA card and in removing it without putting it in "Ending" status first, they fried the controller board.
    Second, the MP C5000 is a MFP not just a printer. You should have posted it the Copier Technical Discussions. More techs would have seen it there. I work on both copiers and printers so I look on both forums. Some tech do not work on printers.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Re: MP-C5000 with no SD Card

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    First, contact who ever you got the machines from and ask them to provide you the SD cards. Printer/Scanner firmware is embedded in a Flash ROM on the Controller Board so the missing SD card has to an option such as the JAVA VM card. If you have another machine with on it do the following at the other machine:
    1. Turn the machine on if it is not already.
    2. Enter User Tools
    3. Login as the machine administrator (if needed)
    4. Access Extended Features Settings
    5. From the Extended Features Settings Menu touch Extended Features Settings.
    6. On the Startup Setting tab, touch any feature currently showing as "Starting up". This will change the status to "Ending".
    7. Exit User Tools and shut the machine OFF.
    8. Remove the JAVA VM card.

Place the JAVA VM card in one of the other machines. If this clears the message, repeat the above procedure to the status of any extended features to "Ending". If the message does not clear, then it is some other option card that is missing or it was the JAVA card and in removing it without putting it in "Ending" status first, they fried the controller board.
    Second, the MP C5000 is a MFP not just a printer. You should have posted it the Copier Technical Discussions. More techs would have seen it there. I work on both copiers and printers so I look on both forums. Some tech do not work on printers.
    What if you have no working MP-C5000 available?