Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    gunn52

What is the best color copier for 10K runs?

I'm a small printer doing work mostly for churches, and small businesses. I'm looking to develop a niche supplying personalized color bulletins (1K - 10K) for churches, using their supplied picture. Can you recommend a good used copier? I currently have a large format HP 8500 laser, and a Xerox 7700; neither of which is cost effective. I'm guessing that's why most of these "so-called" personalized bulletins (with names imposed) are currently being printed via web presses. I was told to look at Ricoh. Thanks.

Field service tech. 100+ Posts Froota's Avatar

Thumbs up Best copiers

Quote Originally Posted by gunn52 View Post
    I'm a small printer doing work mostly for churches, and small businesses. I'm looking to develop a niche supplying personalized color bulletins (1K - 10K) for churches, using their supplied picture. Can you recommend a good used copier? I currently have a large format HP 8500 laser, and a Xerox 7700; neither of which is cost effective. I'm guessing that's why most of these "so-called" personalized bulletins (with names imposed) are currently being printed via web presses. I was told to look at Ricoh. Thanks.
    Hey,

I think it depends on how mutch you want to spend on it. If you take a second hand copier, the cost will be lower than a new one, but you may have more costs to keep the quality stable than a new one. If you are looking for a second hand maybe a aficio 3224C would be something, but not realy fantastic and slow. If I could recommend you a very good new machine, it should be the Mpc2500. The (new) mpc series of Ricoh are the best at this moment, but it costs a bit. It starts with 20 pages/min.

kind regards,
    Froota

gunn52

Thanks

Thanks Froota, I'm gonna check them out. Really appreciate it.

Gunn52