Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Ricoh Error 70

mraktrak

Ricoh Error 70

Thank you all for the opportunity. I really appreciate that this wonderful forum exists.

I am a "civilian," not trained in photocopier repair. As a Realtor, I found it convenient to have a copier at home to save on laser printer use and to have the convenience of not having to deal with waiting for the computer to communicate with the printer, off/on, etc.

Five years ago, I fractured my skull and suffered a severe traumatic
    brain injury. I have not worked since, and have no income. My wife started
    working last year, so we are on a budget 1/4 of what we are accustomed to.

For the above stated reasons, I need to fix my copier my self.

The copier is a Ricoh Ft-3713. I bought this copier on the first week that it became commercially available. I do not recall when that was due to my injury, but it looks like new and hasn't been used in five years.

The total number of copies that it has made: 16,954. Soooo.... it is an old machine that looks new and hasn't been used as much as it was intended to be used.

If someone could direct me to a source of information that would guide me through the steps necessary to remedy the problem, which I understand to be that the toner overflow needs cleaning, then I could repair the problem myself.

I am kind of a "tool junkie." All the way from air compressors and band saws and table saws, to laser and ultrasound measuring tools, including every type of miniature screw driver, wrench, hammer.... you name it.

So, I believe that with guidance and information, I can try to imitate all your photocopy masters and wizards out there... God knows I have the time!

Thank you all in advance, my photocopier angels.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    Ricoh Error 70

I haven't seen one of these in ages, so forgive me if there are some gaps in my memory.

On the lower front right of the machine there should be a door that opens to reveal a whitish plastic waste toner container. Remove the bottle and empty it into a plastic bag. It doesn't have to be perfectly clean, just mostly empty. Don't use a shop vac or ordinary vacuum. Toner is composed of 1 micron particles (1 millionth of an inch). They are so small that they pass straight through an ordinary vacuum filter and blow right out the other end of the vac. Copier techs use a Type 1 or Type 2 3M filter which can capture those particles.

Turn off power if it isn't already. Remove the rear cover. The main board should be visible to the left as you look from the back. Turn On dip switch 101-2, then main power On. These dip switches are very tiny, set of two. Use something non-conductive to flip the switch.

You need to navigate to simulation 83. This is where my memory gets fuzzy. You should be able to use the number keys to enter the number, then press start, then stop/clear.

Turn Off dip switch 101-2, turn Off main power switch. Re-install rear cover. You're done.

When you need parts for this beast you'll find that they haven't been available for a long time. Good luck.

=^..^=

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Ricoh Error 70

If you send me an email to paul@justmanuals.com
    with the subject FT3713 I'll send you a free copy of the service manual.

Paul@justmanuals.com