Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Ricoh SP C410DN Broken/damaged foot (feet)

I just got a used Ricoh SP C410DN and discovered that a foot (or two feet) are broken or damaged as they barely protrude from the bottom of the printer.
    All I see is an almost square hollow plastic section (which may just be the holder and no foot), so I am not sure how far it should project below the bottom of the machine. The 2 rears seem to project about 3/16 of an inch but the fronts are flush.
    This makes it difficult to remove the main paper tray so I would like to replace them.

From G160/G161 parts book page 23 "11.Toner Supply Section (G160/G161)", I am looking at item 28 "G102 1042 Rubber Foot:Frame" and item 17 "G102 1041 Holder:Rubber Foot". Not quite sure if I only need 4 feet or also need to replace 2 of the holders.
    Also, not sure how one gets them out. Parts book shows a screw from above into the holder.

Can anyone tell me how the holders come out (how to get to the screws that hold the holder)?
    Anyone have the parts available?

I do have both parts and service manuals.

Thanks,
    John

PS I just googled the part number of the foot and this post is already in Google - less than a half hour after I posted this query. How do they do that so fast? Amazing!
    Last edited by jsulliva; 09-19-2014 at 10:39 PM.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Re: Ricoh SP C410DN Broken/damaged foot (feet)

Could someone tell me how the Foot Holder can be removed and replaced, i.e. how hard is it to replace the Foot Holder?
    I am assuming the "Foot" simply and easily plugs into the Foot Holder (P/Ns in prior post).
    Thank you,
    John

Retired 10,000+ Posts

The feet, item 18 appear to me to have an adhesive tape applied to one side as they do not show any screw or push pin holding it in place. The holders appear to snap into place.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

That is very helpful to know.
    Thank you.
    John

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

This might be stupid, but it sounds like you might be making too much work of this.
    If you look at the feet remaining on the machine, you should be able to shim the sides of the machine where the the feet are missing.
    A lot cheaper than ordering new parts, depending on your personal creativity at least.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

I thought about that, but the actual Ricoh Foot Part extends upward into the printer to some point that must be fairly solid and intended to support a portion (1/4) of the printer's weight for each foot. I was not sure if I constructed a support area surrounding the foot, that I wouldn't be putting the weight onto an area not intended to have weight/pressure there, possibly deforming that area and creating other problems for myself. I will have to study it a bit more. Thank you for the suggestion.
    John

Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts

It might be better just to go to the hardware store and get some rubber feet with adhesive on one side. It will probably be an improvement over the Ricoh design.
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING