Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Replace PCU

krdalley

Replace PCU

Have replaced the PCU in a MP301SPF and the "Replace PCU" message will not go away. This is a new unit that we received from Ricoh to replace an older unit. On the older unit I would have to enter "Service Mode" to run SP7804-001 but this unit has a different control panel with no "clear modes" button. How do I get into "Service Mode" on this unit? Any ideas?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Replace PCU

Re: Replace PCU

Hmm, interesting question. I located a copy of the service manual but in the section on SP codes it posts a warning not to show the user how to enter SP mode and says to ask your supervisor how to access it. It would seem Ricoh want's to keep us out of there. :-/

I'd like to know the trick too!

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Luther's Avatar

switch the machine off at the switch hold down online and escape while switching on the switch , hold the buttons till you see service mode on screen , you need to go to engine , then drum , there you will find the setting to reset the pcu , or under data log is a function pm counter clear if it is giving you replace pcu on the screen

krdalley

Quote Originally Posted by Luther View Post
    switch the machine off at the switch hold down online and escape while switching on the switch , hold the buttons till you see service mode on screen , you need to go to engine , then drum , there you will find the setting to reset the pcu , or under data log is a function pm counter clear if it is giving you replace pcu on the screen
    Thanks for the reply Luther. There does not appear to be any buttons labeled "Online" or "Escape" on this unit either.

krdalley

Issue solved. On MP301SPF models with the new control panel you have to press [Reset] [1] [0] [7] [Clear]. You have to hold the [Clear] button for a few seconds.