Ricoh SP 8200 DN - tray 1 issues / not feeding- white feed roller retainer clip?

Hello -

I have a Ricoh SP 8200 DN (same engine as the MP5000, I believe) and it is having trouble feeding from tray 1. It has about 300,000 pages on it and I have done all the maintenance (drums, feed rollers, fuser, etc) as needed but can't figure out what is wrong with it. The issue appears to be related to a white plastic retainer clip that holds the feed rollers in place. If I look inside, it appears that the white clip is loose and has become un-snapped or has slightly moved out of position compared to the one on tray 2. If I snap it back into place, it will print fine for a little while, but will then start having issues again once the clip pops back out.

Thanks for any help - this has been a great printer otherwise.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Debs1964's Avatar

Re: Ricoh SP 8200 DN - tray 1 issues / not feeding- white feed roller retainer clip?

There is a modification for that, remove the white plastic retaining bracket, fit the retaining ring onto the pickup roller shaft, attach a spacer (A2322421) to close the gap on the feed roller shaft, then fit another retaining ring (AA100014) to feed roller shaft, then throw the bracket in the nearest dustbin
    There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary maths and those who don't

Re: Ricoh SP 8200 DN - tray 1 issues / not feeding- white feed roller retainer clip?

Thanks so much - I was hoping it was something simple like this.

Will tray two eventually have this issue? If so, I assume I should go ahead and buy two sets of parts, right?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Debs1964's Avatar

There's no guarantee that this will happen to tray 2 as well, some feed units happily work for the entire of their lives without this ever happening, however, as the parts are cheap, it is probably worthwhile doing so
    There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary maths and those who don't

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Bantams's Avatar

There's a new mod also discovered by me Just order the retainer for the mpc5001 as it as a clip on the end for holding the pick up roller in place. PN is D089 2829 and its easier to fit than modding the feed shaft with a washer

Quote Originally Posted by Debs1964 View Post
    There is a modification for that, remove the white plastic retaining bracket, fit the retaining ring onto the pickup roller shaft, attach a spacer (A2322421) to close the gap on the feed roller shaft, then fit another retaining ring (AA100014) to feed roller shaft, then throw the bracket in the nearest dustbin
    I just realized that I never posted back - I made this modification (couldn't find a place to order a new retainer mentioned below) and it has been working fine!