Senior MFP Technician 50+ Posts 3bok3bok68's Avatar

Gestetner mp c5000 display totally black

Hello,

I have Gestetner MP C5000 the display is totally black only O/P switch lights on, replace operation panel assy. same issue, in the WIM its showing SC202 immediately replaced lazer optic assy. which is taken from other machine working but still same issue. I replaced POWER SUPPLY, BCU, IPU and controller not success. i have 2 machine same issue. thus anyone encounter this issue. please advise.

Thank you in advance.

Re: Gestetner mp c5000 display totally black

Quote Originally Posted by 3bok3bok68 View Post
    Hello,

I have Gestetner MP C5000 the display is totally black only O/P switch lights on, replace operation panel assy. same issue, in the WIM its showing SC202 immediately replaced lazer optic assy. which is taken from other machine working but still same issue. I replaced POWER SUPPLY, BCU, IPU and controller not success. i have 2 machine same issue. thus anyone encounter this issue. please advise.

Thank you in advance.
    You need to replace the BCU and Polygon motor as a pair, if you don't you destroy the BCU and need to replace it AGAIN.

[QUOTE=ruben;450012]You need to replace the BCU and Polygon motor as a pair, if you don't you destroy the BCU and need to replace it AGAIN.[/QUOT

Thanks for reply Ruben, as you said I need to replace BCU and Polygon motor with a new one? so the parts which I taken from other machine is going to destroy once I return the parts? thanks.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Gift's Avatar

You can also try to switch on the machine while the polygon motor is disconnected. If the display becomes back on the BICU isn't harmed and you only have to replace the polygon motor. Otherwise you can try and fix the BICU with a little solder-iron repair (there's a thread/discussion about it somewhere here with pictures) - IIRC it was like: take a close look at the zero ohm resistors near the BICU power connector - one is probably burned.

Quote Originally Posted by Gift View Post
    You can also try to switch on the machine while the polygon motor is disconnected. If the display becomes back on the BICU isn't harmed and you only have to replace the polygon motor. Otherwise you can try and fix the BICU with a little solder-iron repair (there's a thread/discussion about it somewhere here with pictures) - IIRC it was like: take a close look at the zero ohm resistors near the BICU power connector - one is probably burned.
    ok gift i wil do...thanks...