Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

MP C3003 Printing slow

I installed 2 MP C3003's on Friday afternoon. Today the customer has called me saying that when they sent a 400+ page document to it it spooled for like 20 min and only 8 pages printed.
    He canceled the print job, and sen tit to the other machine. That machine started printing immediately, but once it printed approximately 60 pages it slowed down drastically. He allowed the job to continue, and when it got to about 30 pages to the end and then it printed at normal speed.
    His IT team looked at the server, and compared everything to other sights that have the same machines. They can not see anything different.
    He has 6 more copies of this job to run.
    I'm not coming up with any ideas.
    Of course I'm working on less than 3 hours of sleep, and am in training this week, so my brain is not working very well at this moment.
    Any input will be greatly appreciated.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    MP C3003 Printing slow

Re: MP C3003 Printing slow

First do not use the PCL6 Driver for universal print as it can be extremely slow on a large busy network. For optimum data rate there should be only one switch between the MP C3003 and the computer or print server.

In User Tools - Printer Features - Host Interface set I/O Buffer to it largest.

Under Print Quality settings:
    PCL5c:
    Try change the True Type Mode setting to Download as bit image.
    PCL6:
    Try setting the resolution to 600x600. Most text documents do not need anything higher than 300x300 but most newer machines only go down to 600x600. Unless they are doing highly precision graphics, 2400x600 equivalent is not needed and takes up processing time ion the MP C3003.

These should help but with a 400+ page document anything can happen. It might be better to print only 20 or so pages at a time.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    MP C3003 Printing slow

Re: MP C3003 Printing slow

What ver firmware do the machines have?

Can they try connecting the workstation to print direct to the MFP, not through the server?