Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

Sp5200dn with sc220 error

This started as a jamming issue. Somewhere along while trying to troubleshoot the jamming, it starts throwing sc220 errors. Wont feed one sheet. Starts to wind up to fed then throws the code. Is this a common error with these? I dont have much experience with these printers yet. Any ides on where i should start? Thanks

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Sp5200dn with sc220 error

Re: Sp5200dn with sc220 error

Quote Originally Posted by Btrainfra View Post
    This started as a jamming issue. Somewhere along while trying to troubleshoot the jamming, it starts throwing sc220 errors. Wont feed one sheet. Starts to wind up to fed then throws the code. Is this a common error with these? I dont have much experience with these printers yet. Any ides on where i should start? Thanks
    I'm an MFP guy, and have not laid my hands on this printer, but 'common error' you ask? It didn't exist until you were 'somewhere along while troubleshooting...." so it was obviously caused by something you did along the way, rather than a typical malfunction.
    SC220 relates to a laser synchronization error, so I'd suggest, at best, that you left a connector disconnected, or at worst, you did something to take out the BICU, or damage the sync board

(Troubleshooting a 3rd party, self-inflicted problem, can be very tricky)

Wink Re: Sp5200dn with sc220 error

Hi

Jamming issue is created by the pins on the right side of the machine which connects the AIO unit to the board. I had the same issue replaced the pins and jamming stopped. I also had SC220 which is a laser unit code - found the shutter on the LD unit to be stuck. After that it was sorted.

Hopefully this aids your quest

Technician

Re: Sp5200dn with sc220 error

It was the laser shutter. It wasnt seated fully. Thank you