Scan to SMB error Ricoh MP C2051

could anybody help me on this error on Ricoh MP C2051 Scan to folder. our customer doesn't have a file server . All scan destinations are set individualy for local machines from the all users .

SMBC: failed to connect (03201:9x2100002)

arteris.jpg

thks!

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Bantams's Avatar

Re: Scan to SMB error Ricoh MP C2051

Have you entered all the folder authentication info ie the user name and password for each destination into the address book?

Failing that update all the Firmware on the machine also.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

If you are scanning to Windows8/8.1, there is a Special/Custom Network Support firmware that will need to be installed.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by swcopiadoras View Post
    could anybody help me on this error on Ricoh MP C2051 Scan to folder. our customer doesn't have a file server . All scan destinations are set individualy for local machines from the all users .

arteris.jpg

thks!
    Your picture to small, can't see it.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by swcopiadoras View Post

arteris.jpg

thks!

If you are scanning to SMB to Window 8, you need to upgrade the firmware.

Window 8 only support SMB 3.0 and terminate the SMB 2.0 or 1.0 ver. Thanks from Microsoft....

So it need to upgrade your firmware. Their is another solution is using FTP to scan to folder but require FIX TCP/IP for each user PC.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts rthonpm's Avatar

I had a situation where even with all of the correct firmware a customer still couldn't scan to individual workstations because of a DNS issue. The workstations were configured DHCP, and the address book entries (rightly) referenced the host name of the machine, but the customer's DNS server wasn't scavenging old records fast enough so there would be multiple entries for a single host so the copier didn't know where to send the document. After setting up a scheduled scavenging task at around 8.30 every morning the issue went away, but as a second step I also had them add the WINS service to their server. Unix (like the embedded OS in most copiers) can use the much simpler process of WINS to get host names instead of going through the process of DNS. It's a belt and suspenders approach, but it's worked so far.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rthonpm View Post
    I had a situation where even with all of the correct firmware a customer still couldn't scan to individual workstations because of a DNS issue. The workstations were configured DHCP, and the address book entries (rightly) referenced the host name of the machine, but the customer's DNS server wasn't scavenging old records fast enough so there would be multiple entries for a single host so the copier didn't know where to send the document. After setting up a scheduled scavenging task at around 8.30 every morning the issue went away, but as a second step I also had them add the WINS service to their server. Unix (like the embedded OS in most copiers) can use the much simpler process of WINS to get host names instead of going through the process of DNS. It's a belt and suspenders approach, but it's worked so far.
    Many small companies do not have a local DNS. Ricoh MFPs do use NET Bios for name resolution. Just make certain that the MFP has a valid Net Bios name, that NETBios over TCP/IP is enabled on the computers and that the MFP is on the same Workgroup/Homegroup or the Domain name is correct on a domain.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts rthonpm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Many small companies do not have a local DNS. Ricoh MFPs do use NET Bios for name resolution. Just make certain that the MFP has a valid Net Bios name, that NETBios over TCP/IP is enabled on the computers and that the MFP is on the same Workgroup/Homegroup or the Domain name is correct on a domain.
    Very true, which is why I always try to have WINS in my back pocket. Sometimes even just re-purposing an old workstation as a file server with a static IP can make a lot of these headaches go away. For some of my smaller customers I've even gone as far as installing a Linux Samba server to act as their scan repository and WINS server.