Retired 10,000+ Posts
    MP C3002 SC 899

Re: MP C3002 SC 899

Quote Originally Posted by Zaxxon View Post
    If You can't find or delete the print job:

1. Turn of machine

2. Unplug network

3. Power machine back on

4. Add user authentication (user code) for all print.

5. Plug in Network cable

6. Reboot machine

7. Wait until all jobs are received and deleted (no more data flashing - LED)

8. Remove the user authentication (user code) for all print.

And remember alway to update to newest FW version.

Done... aren't we happy
    The last three times I have had a SC 899, I did not worry about deleting the offending print job. After Shutting down and unplugging the network cable, just update the firmware. When the machine is rebooted with the newest firmware and the network reconnected, all print jobs printed without error.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Zaxxon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    The last three times I have had a SC 899, I did not worry about deleting the offending print job. After Shutting down and unplugging the network cable, just update the firmware. When the machine is rebooted with the newest firmware and the network reconnected, all print jobs printed without error.
    Got this on MP C2500 with newest FW... The procedure I described did the trick deleting an undeletable job..

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    MP C3002 SC 899

I also found that if you pull out all the paper trays, restart the mfd it then comes up with "functional error" press restart, once it reboots the currupt print job gets deleted & the remaining jobs in the print queue print out as normal! I'm guessing it does this because there's not paper so it doesn't try to print the job?
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

I did the procedure for SC 995-01 and re-seated the NVRAM on the Controller Board. When i went to turn the machine on to perform SC5-825-001 (NVRAM data download),it doesn't get past the "Please Wait" start up screen, and now we are back to an SC899 code. But now it won't even let me access the SC Mode since it is still on the please wait screen.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Wow....figured it out. Feel pretty dumb but who cares, it's solved. So the printer was able to get past the please wait screen and the sc 995-01 came on. I put the serial number in from the birth certificate with sp5-811-004 and nothing changed. So I looked at the back panel and there is a different serial number, so I try that one. Still nothing. Finally, about to give up on that code, I actually looked at the bottom of the error screen and it said "this machines serial #:" and it was different from both of them. Put that in and voila! Machine is all good! So looks like there was some definite confusion on the serial numbers and I might have the wrong birth certificate. But none the less the machine is operable again, thanks for all the help!