Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts dan7777's Avatar

Samsung SCX-8123 won't update firmware.

The firmware won't update. Anyone know what to do when this happens? Tried USB and SyncThru Web. I had old firmware and it would not install either. Machine working ok.

Senior member of CRS 2,500+ Posts

Re: Samsung SCX-8123 won't update firmware.

Quote Originally Posted by dan7777 View Post
    The firmware won't update. Anyone know what to do when this happens? Tried USB and SyncThru Web. I had old firmware and it would not install either. Machine working ok.
    On some of the machines "Firmware Update" has to be enabled in the admin mode.
    "You can't trust your eyes, if your mind is out of focus" --

Quote Originally Posted by ZOOTECH View Post
    On some of the machines "Firmware Update" has to be enabled in the admin mode.
    This one and syncthru web you have to log on so I think that is admin mode. It says "The firmware does not contain version information".

Senior member of CRS 2,500+ Posts

This one and syncthru web you have to log on so I think that is admin mode. It says "The firmware does not contain version information".
    I didn't see any firmware for that machine on GSPN site; is it a .hds file?
    "You can't trust your eyes, if your mind is out of focus" --

After multiple calls one guy suggested memory clear. Said could not do memory clear because jobs existed. Found three fax jobs unfinished. Deleted those and problem solved. Thanks for the replies.
    Last edited by dan7777; 07-06-2015 at 09:09 PM.

Technician

After multiple calls one guy suggested memory clear. Said could not do memory clear because jobs existed. Found three fax jobs unfinished. Deleted those and problem solved. Thanks for the replies.

Dan7777,

?? Did the firmware succeed because you did a memory clear? Or was it having trouble updating firmware because there were "jobs" in process? In other words, do I need to do a "memory clear" just to get the firmware update done?

I need to do a firmware update on this model and was looking for any additional details on the firmware update.

Also, have you ever had trouble with the control panel or touch-screen freezing or locking up and becoming unresponsive on this SCX-8123

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by CopyFreak View Post
    Dan7777,

?? Did the firmware succeed because you did a memory clear? Or was it having trouble updating firmware because there were "jobs" in process? In other words, do I need to do a "memory clear" just to get the firmware update done?

I need to do a firmware update on this model and was looking for any additional details on the firmware update.

Also, have you ever had trouble with the control panel or touch-screen freezing or locking up and becoming unresponsive on this SCX-8123

Thanks in advance.
    Could not update software because there were fax job in process. I found this out when I tried to do memory clear. You don't need to do memory clear to update. We had one freeze up and replaced the control panel and hard drive to fix it (have not had any problems with that machine a year later). I would try control panel first. Not sure if you can order parts like the touch screen for these.