Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: clx-9251

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

clx-9251

Hi all just wondering if anybody has had a problem with the clx-9251 over toning on black causing a slightly gray background. It has been going on for some time. So far I have replaced the drum ,developer , transfer belt ,t2 transfer roller and exchanged the dev bios board and main hv board. I cannot do single colour copies to test if it is happening just with black or all colours but with regular colour prints it does seem ok. The firmware has also been updated. Can the dev bios be changed or checked to see what it is set at, I cant seem to find it on the machine. If anybody has any info or tips to pass on it would be much appreciated. Thanks all

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

Re: clx-9251

I am a noob for Samsung equipment, but while we wait for more experienced people to show up I have a couple of suggestions you may wish to consider if time permits.
    First of all, check to see if the connections between the machine and the black cartridge are OK. On the other machines that I am far more experienced with, a lack of charge bias can cause a problem very similar to what you have described.
    While this is a long shot, you might look at the fuser and make sure it is OK. Although, depending on the the amount of color prints made on the machine that should cause a background shade that contains the entire CYMK gamut, so while there is a tiny chance that might be the problem, it is really unlikely.
    Well, that's it. Sorry if that was a waste of time.

Senior member of CRS 2,500+ Posts
    clx-9251

Thumbs up Re: clx-9251

Quote Originally Posted by Iowatech View Post
    I am a noob for Samsung equipment, but while we wait for more experienced people to show up I have a couple of suggestions you may wish to consider if time permits.
    First of all, check to see if the connections between the machine and the black cartridge are OK. On the other machines that I am far more experienced with, a lack of charge bias can cause a problem very similar to what you have described.
    While this is a long shot, you might look at the fuser and make sure it is OK. Although, depending on the the amount of color prints made on the machine that should cause a background shade that contains the entire CYMK gamut, so while there is a tiny chance that might be the problem, it is really unlikely.
    Well, that's it. Sorry if that was a waste of time.
    While it may not help the OP, it certainly was not a waste of time to others; no need for apologies, any information from experiences is helpful to expand our knowledge base.
    "You can't trust your eyes, if your mind is out of focus" --

AutoMajical Resolutionist 2,500+ Posts
    clx-9251

Re: clx-9251

from my experience with the Sammy's, make sure the frimwar is current. Sammy is constantly updating frimwar............
    Mystic Crystal Revelations