Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    SCX-5935 LSU Replacement

SCX-5935 LSU Replacement

I need to replace the laser unit on this 5935 but the disassembly in the manual is worthless. Have you done this and how does it come out? Do I need to pull the scanner assembly and go in from the top? Any help will be appreciated.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    SCX-5935 LSU Replacement

Re: SCX-5935 LSU Replacement

I haven't done that particular task, but yes, I would suspect that you'll have to take off every cover, ADF, scanner, ... then you'll be getting close.

Just out of curiosity, what symptoms? I think I've only replaced two Samsung lasers ever. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    SCX-5935 LSU Replacement

Sorry to be slow to respond. The reason I'm replacing this laser ass'y is due to a noisy scanner motor. When I ran the motor in diagnostics it was definitely the problem. I'm not looking forward to the complete teardown of the machine to do this but I guess I'll have to.

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    I haven't done that particular task, but yes, I would suspect that you'll have to take off every cover, ADF, scanner, ... then you'll be getting close.

Just out of curiosity, what symptoms? I think I've only replaced two Samsung lasers ever. =^..^=

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts dan7777's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SwanyG View Post
    I need to replace the laser unit on this 5935 but the disassembly in the manual is worthless. Have you done this and how does it come out? Do I need to pull the scanner assembly and go in from the top? Any help will be appreciated.
    I feel your pain! It just shows remove two harness and 4 screws but does not show how they got to that point. I don't think we sold any of those. At least I don't have any in my territory. Some laser motors you can take out and put a drop of oil around the bushing and some you can't. I am trying to be not negative about the Samsung but sometimes it is not easy. It looks like you are right. Looks like a job to do in the shop maybe with extra help. The training manual shows how to take off the scanner and cover under that. My guess is the LSU is under that. Let us know how it turned out.
    Last edited by dan7777; 08-04-2015 at 08:44 PM.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SwanyG View Post

I found on the finisher side open the panel on the left that area, theres are some wires there be careful on how to take the shield off and move the wires, the laser are facing upward its a weird setup, becareful when replacing the ribbon wire I had a tech screw a hole ijn the wire causing more problems. its pretty easy once you look at it take the HVPS off on the bottom there you should see a screw which hold the laser assembly. two ribbon must come off kind of trick with the wire placement, take lots of pictures to be safe.

Replacing the lsu with same symptoms. Did you have to tear the whole machine apart to get to it?

Talking Re: SCX-5935 LSU Replacement

Thanks Swany. Not a fun job the when you are doing it for the first time.