Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

Samsung - User codes and keyboard - and home screen settings

I am not a Samsung guru by any means and I am trying to figure out these two things on a Samsung K7400LX:

1. Customer utilizes user codes for tracking and billing back. I have the machine set up to do this. I have it set up to only require an ID (4 digit number) when using the copy app button on the home screen. When the login screen comes up there is an ID field. Touch the ID field and the first thing up is the QWERTY keyboard. Is there a way to have a number keyboard come up?...since all their codes are numbers.

2. Now when they login and go back to the home screen it has the out of the box Samsung home screen...I have changed the home screen to include widgets and apps to what they want. How do I make that the default home screen so when they login under a different user code it will show that screen. Currently I have the home screen set so they see the Copy 3x4 widget and the Fax 3x4 widget and other apps. I need to make that the default for all ID's logging in.

Thanks in advanced! - Eric

Re: Samsung - User codes and keyboard - and home screen settings

Quote Originally Posted by epeterson View Post
    I am not a Samsung guru by any means and I am trying to figure out these two things on a Samsung K7400LX:

1. Customer utilizes user codes for tracking and billing back. I have the machine set up to do this. I have it set up to only require an ID (4 digit number) when using the copy app button on the home screen. When the login screen comes up there is an ID field. Touch the ID field and the first thing up is the QWERTY keyboard. Is there a way to have a number keyboard come up?...since all their codes are numbers.

2. Now when they login and go back to the home screen it has the out of the box Samsung home screen...I have changed the home screen to include widgets and apps to what they want. How do I make that the default home screen so when they login under a different user code it will show that screen. Currently I have the home screen set so they see the Copy 3x4 widget and the Fax 3x4 widget and other apps. I need to make that the default for all ID's logging in.

Thanks in advanced! - Eric
    Can i put user codes on a similar machine, Samsung 5370LX, How did you get to it on that machine if you don't mind me asking. Thanks!