Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    CLX 9252 HDD Error & #S1-3110

Hi all,

Hoping someone can help, first time I worked on this model, it initially had a Hard Drive error & gave me the option to repair or format, I chose repair but it asked for a password which I do not know, is this a standard one?

After rebooting a couple of times it comes up with a Video error #S1-3110 now this is all it says.

At a guess i'd say the HDD has failed but will I need firmware etc if I replaced this?

I have no idea how to proceed! any help would be appreciated.
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: CLX 9252 HDD Error & #S1-3110

Hello I have the same problem and I do not know how to solve it. Password is 1934. I checked usb cable between video board and screen but this was ok. In my opinion HDD need to be replaced but firmware is needed which I do not have.
    Please let me know how you sort this problem. I had this issue with 9250 and 9350. I have seen it once on 8030 too.

Tom

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Hi Tom,

I have been informed that a HDD failure can also cause this video error.

I have a new HDD & firmware on order, if this fixes my issue i'll let you know!
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Thanks. I will be waiting for your reply. Good luck!

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Hello

I did not want to open a new thread.
    Samsung C9350ND worked well but it had problem with communication when was connected to the pc via USB cable. Communication error displayed on the printer screen (no problem with network connection) and I had to turn it off using main power switch. Now it displays error message #S1-3110. I expected HDD failure so removed HDD (and turned the machine on). It should show error message related to HDD failure but it still shows S1-3110. I connected another HDD and it does not go into recovery mode - still shows S1-3110. I decided to connect this another HDD to the working machine and it went into recovery mode.
    My question is what should be done to get into recovery mode when S1-3110 is displayed.
    Can it be not HDD fault?

Quote Originally Posted by thomfish View Post
    Hello

I did not want to open a new thread.
    Samsung C9350ND worked well but it had problem with communication when was connected to the pc via USB cable. Communication error displayed on the printer screen (no problem with network connection) and I had to turn it off using main power switch. Now it displays error message #S1-3110. I expected HDD failure so removed HDD (and turned the machine on). It should show error message related to HDD failure but it still shows S1-3110. I connected another HDD and it does not go into recovery mode - still shows S1-3110. I decided to connect this another HDD to the working machine and it went into recovery mode.
    My question is what should be done to get into recovery mode when S1-3110 is displayed.
    Can it be not HDD fault?
    sounds like you got a pba-video board bad or even engine board failed. got same problem and ordered both boards but will most likely be video board. no boot after hard drive swap tells me video

Senior Tech 100+ Posts COPYDOCAZ's Avatar

I am having the same issue here, did we have any final resolution to this problem?

Thanks
    Mark

Senior Tech 100+ Posts George J's Avatar

TS-A3-107: How to handle an #S1-3110 error NEW
    * Model: CLX-9250ND, CLX-9350ND
    * Symptom:
    If the device is powered off during the last stage of upgrading the firmware (error occurred) or rebooting, then the progress bar shown below will stop for three minutes, then the Video System Failure #S1-3110 error will occur.
    2011-06-17 17
    2011-06-17 11
    * Cause: DC Power Board Defect
    * Troubleshooting:
    Check 24V and 5V from SMPS.
    Check voltage from SMPS Board.
    Check voltage of the video controller from the DC power board (if 5th pin is 24-volt).

older model, but I've seen a lot of failed SMPS boards with Samsung in general

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by copier tech View Post
    Hi all,

Hoping someone can help, first time I worked on this model, it initially had a Hard Drive error & gave me the option to repair or format, I chose repair but it asked for a password which I do not know, is this a standard one?

After rebooting a couple of times it comes up with a Video error #S1-3110 now this is all it says.

At a guess i'd say the HDD has failed but will I need firmware etc if I replaced this?

I have no idea how to proceed! any help would be appreciated.

Yeah its usually the HDD that fails and causes this error. Dont use a toshiba get a 320 WD seagate are okat but WD seems to do better.

Formatting and firmware takes about 45-60 minutes.
    good luck

[QUOTE=Arcadian;726424]Tak, zwykle to dysk twardy ulega awarii i powoduje ten błąd. Nie używaj Toshiby, kup Seagate 320 WD, są w porządku, ale WD wydaje się działać lepiej.

Formatowanie i oprogramowanie sprzętowe zajmuje około 45-60 minut.
    powodzenia[/CYTAT]
    but where to get the hdd image file?