Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCX-5935 Firmware update issues

Hello Everyone,

I have been having issues logging into my SCX-5935fn after updating to the latest firmware (ver.V2.01.00.56_0401113_1.01). I am locked out of the main panel, but i can log into the device VIA the web portal.

It asks for the Syncthru login credentials which when I put in

id: admin
    password: sec0000

It says invalid and I am still locked out of the device. I have tried all different combinations and passwords that I know of, all to no luck.

I am sure that at this point i need to roll back the firmware, but I dont have access to older firmwares for the device and I dont want to place a service call and have to pay $200 for a 5 minute fix.

Can someone help me out?

Thanks.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: SCX-5935 Firmware update issues

I am not sure if it helps but password shoud be sec00000 not sec0000

Quote Originally Posted by thomfish View Post
    I am not sure if it helps but password shoud be sec00000 not sec0000
    Yes, I tried that, still no luck.

Can anyone help?????

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts dan7777's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MKE121 View Post
    Can anyone help?????

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    I only have one of those machines and the last two calls were for the same fax coming in multiple times (I have no idea nor did the Samsung hotline I called). The bigger machines have an all clear in service mode (1,2,3 and then 1934) but I did not see that in the service manual on this model. I think admin/sec00000 is default login or 1111 on some but I don't know if this model resets password on all clear or if that is in it. You would lose all your settings. I have been locked out of a couple of machines and had to reset them.

Quote Originally Posted by dan7777 View Post
    I only have one of those machines and the last two calls were for the same fax coming in multiple times (I have no idea nor did the Samsung hotline I called). The bigger machines have an all clear in service mode (1,2,3 and then 1934) but I did not see that in the service manual on this model. I think admin/sec00000 is default login or 1111 on some but I don't know if this model resets password on all clear or if that is in it. You would lose all your settings. I have been locked out of a couple of machines and had to reset them.
    I have tried that as well with no luck. Right now I have a large paperweight.

I am hoping someone who has access to Samsungs GSPN can log in, grab a different firmware and host it so I can download and try.

Thanks dan7777 for your help and suggestion

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts dan7777's Avatar

I have tried that as well with no luck. Right now I have a large paperweight.

I am hoping someone who has access to Samsungs GSPN can log in, grab a different firmware and host it so I can download and try.

Thanks dan7777 for your help and suggestion
    Samsung warned us to make sure we downloaded the correct software. There are three I think. There is a SCX-5935FN and a SCX-5935NX. The /AA at the end means North America. There are three and when I upgraded my machine I was not exactly sure which of the three to get. Two for my machine. The upgrade went fine but still don't know why they get several of the same faxes from same place. Good luck. Hope someone can get it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by dan7777 View Post
    Samsung warned us to make sure we downloaded the correct software. There are three I think. There is a SCX-5935FN and a SCX-5935NX. The /AA at the end means North America. There are three and when I upgraded my machine I was not exactly sure which of the three to get. Two for my machine. The upgrade went fine but still don't know why they get several of the same faxes from same place. Good luck. Hope someone can get it for you.
    Huh that is interesting and good to know. When I logged into Samsung USA site, I downloaded the firmware it gave me.

Luckily an amazing forum member (I dont know if he would like me to state his name or not) messaged me with the previous firmware. Loaded that last night, and now my machine is back up and running!

Technician

MKE could you please send me that firmware, I have the same problem and Samsung is no help. Thanx

MStinson

Huh that is interesting and good to know. When I logged into Samsung USA site, I downloaded the firmware it gave me.

Luckily an amazing forum member (I dont know if he would like me to state his name or not) messaged me with the previous firmware. Loaded that last night, and now my machine is back up and running!
    MKE, I'm also having the same issue on a number of 5935s and I would greatly appreciate that firmware file as well.

Would it be possible to just upload it to a file distribution server? Like mediafire or google docs? or can you only email the file to those who request it?

If you'd like, I can upload the file for you and leave a link for others. If you don't want me doing that, let me know, but I would still like to get that file.

Thanks!