Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician 500+ Posts

ProXpress M3870FW ADF Problem

While servicing another copier I was asked why their convenience copier (ProXpress M3870FW) ADF will not stay up. I looked at it for a few minutes and did not see anything. First time I have seen this machine. If you lift the ADF to copy off the glass, the ADF will fall on your hands. It fairly new. Wondering if maybe someone who works with the Samsungs has seen this?

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts dan7777's Avatar

Re: ProXpress M3870FW ADF Problem

Quote Originally Posted by copiman View Post
    While servicing another copier I was asked why their convenience copier (ProXpress M3870FW) ADF will not stay up. I looked at it for a few minutes and did not see anything. First time I have seen this machine. If you lift the ADF to copy off the glass, the ADF will fall on your hands. It fairly new. Wondering if maybe someone who works with the Samsungs has seen this?
    I have not seen this. But on other copiers if there is not an adjust screw to tighten it then you have to replace the hinges. I don't have a manual on that machine nor have I seen one, sorry.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

It's very common on that series for the hinge to break. All my techs carry a spare hinge for that model since we have so many of them in our territory.
    Why does every customer think they're the first one to ever say: "you've been here so much we should get you an office, ha, ha, ha"?

Technician 500+ Posts

Smile Re: ProXpress M3870FW ADF Problem

Quote Originally Posted by arnh79 View Post
    It's very common on that series for the hinge to break. All my techs carry a spare hinge for that model since we have so many of them in our territory.
    Thanks arnh79. That would make since. Cheap plastic. Do you recall if the culprit is the right hinge or left hinge? I see Precision Roller carries both.

I like your signature. When I hear that I respond: Forget the office, just put me on the payroll.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by copiman View Post
    Thanks arnh79. That would make since. Cheap plastic. Do you recall if the culprit is the right hinge or left hinge? I see Precision Roller carries both.

I like your signature. When I hear that I respond: Forget the office, just put me on the payroll.
    It's usually the hinge on the right side. The left side is sheathed in metal if I remember correctly so is more robust.

I've used the payroll response a time or two myself!
    Why does every customer think they're the first one to ever say: "you've been here so much we should get you an office, ha, ha, ha"?

Technician 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by arnh79 View Post
    It's usually the hinge on the right side. The left side is sheathed in metal if I remember correctly so is more robust.

I've used the payroll response a time or two myself!

Thanks for the response. I will let then know.