Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts

scx-8123 faxing , recent tab question

Customer has a name and phone number in their address book. When they use that name to send a fax and when they look in the recent tab they only see the phone number and not the name. They would rather see the name than the phone number. Is this possible or is it just what it is only showing the phone number? when a fax is received it will show the received name that comes with the fax being received. The name is originating at the other end, the sender. so it will show a name as it receives it from the other end but for sending it only shows a phone number.

Re: scx-8123 faxing , recent tab question

Quote Originally Posted by yourownfree View Post
    Customer has a name and phone number in their address book. When they use that name to send a fax and when they look in the recent tab they only see the phone number and not the name. They would rather see the name than the phone number. Is this possible or is it just what it is only showing the phone number? when a fax is received it will show the received name that comes with the fax being received. The name is originating at the other end, the sender. so it will show a name as it receives it from the other end but for sending it only shows a phone number.
    That machine is a bit older and I do not have one close to check for you but it seems like there may be a setting in Syncthru that you might be able change that. Did you try the settings in syncthru? There may even be settings on the actual unit itself that you can change to get the correct outcome you are searching for. If no one else helps you and if i get to a customer location in a day or so that has one of those machines I will confirm for you.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Re: scx-8123 faxing , recent tab question

Quote Originally Posted by daniel411 View Post
    That machine is a bit older and I do not have one close to check for you but it seems like there may be a setting in Syncthru that you might be able change that. Did you try the settings in syncthru? There may even be settings on the actual unit itself that you can change to get the correct outcome you are searching for. If no one else helps you and if i get to a customer location in a day or so that has one of those machines I will confirm for you.
    thanks I will check sync thru