Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Need Firmware and instructions SCX-6345N

I have an SCX-6345N which has never had a firmware upgrade and I'm afraid it's time... This makes me QUITE nervous since I know it can lead to a dead machine but if I do the sequence properly, it should help. The firmware is no longer available on Samsung's site (as far as I can tell) and I also really need the instructions. Does anyone have access to these files? And words of advice?

The problem I'm trying to correct is scanning related and the way it's set up now is very clumsy. Again, any help will be most appreciated.

Re: Need Firmware and instructions SCX-6345N

Quote Originally Posted by SwanyG View Post
    I have an SCX-6345N which has never had a firmware upgrade and I'm afraid it's time... This makes me QUITE nervous since I know it can lead to a dead machine but if I do the sequence properly, it should help. The firmware is no longer available on Samsung's site (as far as I can tell) and I also really need the instructions. Does anyone have access to these files? And words of advice?

The problem I'm trying to correct is scanning related and the way it's set up now is very clumsy. Again, any help will be most appreciated.
    This model is notorious for issues with firmware and things not working afterwards. If the scanning is working I would let it alone. You may be opening up a whole new set or problems.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by daniel411 View Post
    This model is notorious for issues with firmware and things not working afterwards. If the scanning is working I would let it alone. You may be opening up a whole new set or problems.
    daniel411, thank you for the reply. The scanning is not working and if a firmware update doesn't fix it... I need to replace it. So this is a last ditch effort.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SwanyG View Post
    daniel411, thank you for the reply. The scanning is not working and if a firmware update doesn't fix it... I need to replace it. So this is a last ditch effort.
    Out of curiosity, what is the scanning issue???