Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Honnest opinion

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Honnest opinion

As I'm not Samsung trained, only Ricoh, Canon, Konoca, Hp,Kyrocera, I'm keen to know what do you guys feel about the following models:-

COLOUR
    X4220RX
    X4250LX
    X4300LX

X7400GX
    X7500GX
    X7600GX

MONO
    K4250RX
    K4300LX
    K4350LX
    K700GX
    K7500GX
    K7600GX

In particular, are they reliable, can you push PM levels, do you get yield out of toners and so on.

Thanks in advance!

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Honnest opinion

Re: Honnest opinion

I haven't been impressed with those models. The ones you have listed all use the same OS and it's really buggy. I have nothing but grief with these machines. The machines constantly lock up or behave abnormally even if you keep up to date with the f/w. Example: Arrive on site because machine is unresponsive. Check Job Status and the top job says "clearing" and has been trying to delete for two days (over the weekend). It's a simple 2 page copy job but it's locked up the whole system. Only way to clear is by hard switch reboot (have seen this more times then I can count). Example 2: "Machine unresponsive." Customer trying to do saddle-stitch copy job but won't work. I put test sheet in DF and hit START. Nothing happens, "waiting" spinning wheel keeps spinning for several minutes. Unable to do anything so reboot. Try again, asking for 1 LT two-sided copy. Test sheet is scanned through DF and comes out with image turned 180 degrees and on LD paper single-sided not double-sided. Reboot copier and third time it works. I stick around for customer to do saddle-stitch job to make sure it works ok. Paper is in bypass tray. When the paper runs out the customer tells me they have enough and I can delete the job. I do this, however the job will not delete, even after waiting for 8 minutes. Reboot copier again make one test copy and run away. The saddest part of this story is that I'm not surprised by this stuff. It's just par for the course when working on these.

For the most part I seem to be able to get PM life out of the parts, but I've learned from past generations that the drum units don't last much past the stated life. I have issues with the DF rollers wearing very early (25% of stated life) where they do high-volume scanning. The part pricing has also taken a huge leap upwards, so they're not cheap to service like the old ones used to be.

I was hoping the mistakes of the previous generation Samsung's would've been resolved with this new series, but I was mistaken. Service at your own risk.
    Why does every customer think they're the first one to ever say: "you've been here so much we should get you an office, ha, ha, ha"?

Technician

I have a very low opinion of any Samsung copiers since working on them they have upgraded the look of the mc but they have a lot of problems never sorted like misreporting toner levels mc error or worse you end up replacing dev boxes.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Honnest opinion

In other words, run and run fast, away from these box's. Nice information guy's.

Anita Price

I believe buying a Samsung Copier instead of the listed one would not be a good opinion.
    In this field Samsung is like a well designed copier but others are masters.
    The product quality and reliability is something Samsung would achieve one day but that we dont know.

Thank you,
    Anita Price
    Office 365 - Free Trial, Migration, Support

The Wolf 2,500+ Posts mojorolla's Avatar

Launched these models at a dealership last June. As the previous post stated, glitchy, service documentation is contradictory or simply does not exist, and tech support is a disaster. They pushed their 3 year all inclusive warranty program, then dumped that for a 1 year "guarantee"....guaranteed to drive you nuts for the first year, and beyond.

HP bought Samsung's print division last year. It will be interesting to see what they do with it.

Failing to plan is planning to fail!!!

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Honnest opinion

Very laggy interface
    Firmware updates take so long you may as well take your lunch break
    They are very easy to diagnose though, lots of diagnostic options compared to Konica

I do like how customisable the panel is and how cheap the apps are by comparison to other brands.

I think they will benifit hugely with HP taking over.

If it was a HP engine with Samsung software (fix the lag first) it would be a good combination

Senior Tech 250+ Posts driving lots of miles's Avatar

We were a Panasonic dealership for years and went they went out of the copier business we switched to the Samsung line for about a year sold a couple of big machines and quite a few of the smaller ones. We are now sell the Sharp line of copiers and are very satisfied with these. The service department cringes every time we get call for one of the Samsung machines.

certified scrub 500+ Posts
    Honnest opinion

Quote Originally Posted by rrrohan View Post
    Very laggy interface
    Firmware updates take so long you may as well take your lunch break
    They are very easy to diagnose though, lots of diagnostic options compared to Konica

I do like how customisable the panel is and how cheap the apps are by comparison to other brands.

I think they will benifit hugely with HP taking over.

If it was a HP engine with Samsung software (fix the lag first) it would be a good combination
    If HP were to playball in the laser A3 market, the Samsung engine and hardware cant cut it. Too many things that spell "subpar" and "mediocre" with the current offering.

Remember how IPTV first came out? and then the sales promised HD but you had to wait 3months to 2 years for them to upgrade? Its gonna be like that.

New Pagewide is butter, but not the laserjet.

My concern is how would ppl put up with sluggish performance with subpar fit and finish for renown data security.
    Idling colour developers are not healthy developers.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Honnest opinion

rather not have to work on SAMSUX at all.
    Now Xerox is starting to use their engines and HP has bought into it also...