Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts dan7777's Avatar

FYI SCX 8040 Jam at exit rollers.

Customer not in my territory so I have only seen machine a few times. They complained about jams at exit and they sent me with new fuser 3-6 months ago and another fuser this week. This time paper stopped right at exit rollers which were not turning. There is a clutch in exit drive that was bad. I cleaned the clutch as part was not ordered. Found metal shaving and dirty. There is not enough room to take that unit out with out pulling on plate behind it (plate holds board it was plugged into). I took off enough screws to get a little play to get part out. Not good design in my opinion. Went from jamming every copy to feeding all copies. Just a heads up exit drive unit a little hard to get out and has sharp edges. SCX-8040 Only one I have worked on. Nice diagnostics, could run fuser motor and clutch at same time. Don't have jam code.

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

Re: FYI SCX 8040 Jam at exit rollers.

Nice to know there's still clutches that can be cleaned too, on the newer equipment I'd worked on clutch problems were accompanied by the "BROWN DUST OF DOOOOOM!" and the clutch was uncleanable.
    Thanks!

AccService 100+ Posts

Re: FYI SCX 8040 Jam at exit rollers.

Clutches for sure. Happened to us a few times.