Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    SL-M4080 FX "Ext. Line in Use"

Got a weird one. An M4080FX that intermittently throughout the day will display "Ext. line in Use" which of course then locks out fax functions. They have nothing plugged into the ext. jack and there is nothing else sharing the line. I have confirmed it's a machine issue by installing an old Toshiba fax at their location, and it never displays this message. The only way to clear the message is to unplug the fax cable and plug it back in. I have done the following: upgraded to latest f/w, performed memory clear, replaced fax board, replaced main board. I'm really hoping someone has seen this before and can help me out!
    Why does every customer think they're the first one to ever say: "you've been here so much we should get you an office, ha, ha, ha"?

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Re: SL-M4080 FX "Ext. Line in Use"

Quote Originally Posted by arnh79 View Post
    Got a weird one. An M4080FX that intermittently throughout the day will display "Ext. line in Use" which of course then locks out fax functions. They have nothing plugged into the ext. jack and there is nothing else sharing the line. I have confirmed it's a machine issue by installing an old Toshiba fax at their location, and it never displays this message. The only way to clear the message is to unplug the fax cable and plug it back in. I have done the following: upgraded to latest f/w, performed memory clear, replaced fax board, replaced main board. I'm really hoping someone has seen this before and can help me out!
    could there be a stored fax that never went thru and it repeatedly tried to send though out the day?

DCF3

Are they receiving their faxes thru a modem into a PC? If so they need to clear out the un-wanted faxes and reset their fax to PC settings.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

The solution was custom f/w written by Samsung engineers. I'm not sure what was tweaked in the f/w but it's working now.
    Why does every customer think they're the first one to ever say: "you've been here so much we should get you an office, ha, ha, ha"?

DCF3

Ok good.