Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Samsung 9301 initializing + 8640 cyan problems

Hi all,

We have two Samsung printers out in the field giving us some strange problems. First is a CLX-9301 which the customer states is sitting on "initializing" for close to half an hour before the machine becomes usable again. This has only happened for me after a power up, but they may be getting it randomly throughout the day as well. MY coworker was previously able to print internal reports, but when I visited the location, I was unable to do that, or access the web page or diagnostics. We are thinking corrupt firmware or bad HDD but I was hooping for some insight before traveling down these roads. We are also having trouble finding firmware for the machine.

The other machine is a C8640. It has voids of cyan which seem to resolve themselves randomly. Swapping drums has no effect. Machine has 110K color prints. We are thinking maybe cyan developer? Again, hoping for some insight. I have attached a link which shows the defect. c8640 error - Album on Imgur

Thanks in advanced for any help!

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts dan7777's Avatar

Re: Samsung 9301 initializing + 8640 cyan problems

Quote Originally Posted by clokworkpenguin View Post
    Hi all,

We have two Samsung printers out in the field giving us some strange problems. First is a CLX-9301 which the customer states is sitting on "initializing" for close to half an hour before the machine becomes usable again. This has only happened for me after a power up, but they may be getting it randomly throughout the day as well. MY coworker was previously able to print internal reports, but when I visited the location, I was unable to do that, or access the web page or diagnostics. We are thinking corrupt firmware or bad HDD but I was hooping for some insight before traveling down these roads. We are also having trouble finding firmware for the machine.

The other machine is a C8640. It has voids of cyan which seem to resolve themselves randomly. Swapping drums has no effect. Machine has 110K color prints. We are thinking maybe cyan developer? Again, hoping for some insight. I have attached a link which shows the defect. c8640 error - Album on Imgur

Thanks in advanced for any help!
    On the 8640 make sure the laser glass is clean with the tool in the front door. I get that a lot mostly with the yellow. Can not help with the software but I would do that with the 9301 before hard drive. I think the hard drive on 9301 is easy to replace but again you need software.