Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Samsung SCX 81123NA missing image

Hi guys, with Samsung sold out to HP in Canada I lose the old service support to discuss weir problem s, here is my problem, I have change the image unit for this customer with mo problems, this time after replacing developer replace with the new drum unit, image comes out with front half missing, automatically I thought dev were not mixing and coat the mag roller completely , take apart and it looks fine, fully coated. I ordered another imaging unit, what you guys think, faulty drum unit?

thanks

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Samsung SCX 81123NA missing image

Re: Samsung SCX 81123NA missing image

Soiled Laser due to spilled Toner/Developer
    If sometimes you feel a little useless, offended and depressed always remember that you were once the fastest and most victorious sperm of hundreds of millions!

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Re: Samsung SCX 81123NA missing image

Quote Originally Posted by Herrmann View Post
    Soiled Laser due to spilled Toner/Developer
    Thank for the reply Herrmann!, much appreciated. I have been servicing Samsung since Samsung BTA dealers were setup in Canada and taking my ability for granted.
    I have done the imaging unit a lots of time and have never run into any problem except this time. it happens that another customer required an imaging unit change, I setup another drum developer unit completely in the office without interruption, exchanged the customer's imaging unit that has the change imaging unit message but still functioning. removed their functioning unit, complete , and took it to the customer that have the missing image problem. Bingo! it works, proof that the problem was me, I looked at the dev cover, it has 4 notches and matches slots in the dev unit, you have to align them porperly and slide it to the right and it looks into place, put screw on. it looks very close to as before , but not the same,, it works. the error before was I was careless , put cover on , slide to the right . put screw on, but the cover was 1 mm or so too high and block the laser, wasted a lot of time and sleepless nights on that. thanks again for the reply. Seto