Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Steve1

Samsung SCX-8128 Error A1-5113

Hi Guys,
    Hoping for some assistance with an ongoing issue. which is low priority. Problem occurs randomly around every 6 months or less.
    We have 2 machines; Samsung SCX-8128 (B&W) in the field with error codes: Motor Failure: #A1-5113. Turn off then on. Call for service if the problem persists.
    These machines are around 3 years old now and these errors are re settable by simply powering off and on.

Service manual points are as follows:The motor related to Toner supply has a problem.
    ► Troubleshooting method
    1) Open the front cover. If the toner pipe is blocked, open it.
    2) Turn the machine off then on. If the error persists, check the following steps.
    3) Enter the SVC mode. Select the toner supply motor and toner duct motor.
    (Diagnostics > Engine Diagnostics > Engine Test Routines )
    4) If the motor does not operate, measure the motor power with DVM.
    - Measure two points together.
    If 24V power is supplied, replace the Toner supply motor(JC93–00450A) or Toner Duct motor (JC93–00451A)
    If 24V power is not supplied, check the SMPS and main moard
    If 24V power is not generated, replace the SMPS board(JC44-00100A (220V) / JC44-00093A (110V)).
    If the control signal is abnormal, replace the Main board.

We know that the motor works and the machine works fine after the error is reset (for around 6 months or so), so its hard to be there when the problem occurs
    i have replaced the motor in one of the machines to no avail. Next i will try the Toner duct unit.
    Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Samsung SCX-8128 Error A1-5113

Quote Originally Posted by Steve1 View Post
    Hi Guys,
    Hoping for some assistance with an ongoing issue. which is low priority. Problem occurs randomly around every 6 months or less.
    We have 2 machines; Samsung SCX-8128 (B&W) in the field with error codes: Motor Failure: #A1-5113. Turn off then on. Call for service if the problem persists.
    These machines are around 3 years old now and these errors are re settable by simply powering off and on.

Service manual points are as follows:The motor related to Toner supply has a problem.
    ► Troubleshooting method
    1) Open the front cover. If the toner pipe is blocked, open it.
    2) Turn the machine off then on. If the error persists, check the following steps.
    3) Enter the SVC mode. Select the toner supply motor and toner duct motor.
    (Diagnostics > Engine Diagnostics > Engine Test Routines )
    4) If the motor does not operate, measure the motor power with DVM.
    - Measure two points together.
    If 24V power is supplied, replace the Toner supply motor(JC93–00450A) or Toner Duct motor (JC93–00451A)
    If 24V power is not supplied, check the SMPS and main moard
    If 24V power is not generated, replace the SMPS board(JC44-00100A (220V) / JC44-00093A (110V)).
    If the control signal is abnormal, replace the Main board.

We know that the motor works and the machine works fine after the error is reset (for around 6 months or so), so its hard to be there when the problem occurs
    i have replaced the motor in one of the machines to no avail. Next i will try the Toner duct unit.
    Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I know this post are already due but today I have the same problem. so here I really appreciated if you can share your solution on this issue.

Thanks
    Matoku

Re: Samsung SCX-8128 Error A1-5113

Hi Matoku
    (Its Steve1)
    I replaced the following;
    Toner Supply Motor (
    DRIVE-M TONER SUPPLY; SEC,SCX-8128NA - P/N:JC93-00450A)
    Toner Drive Duct (DRIVE-DUCT; SEC,1.1,47*8.9,75,GRAY,SCX-81 - P/N: JC93-00451A)

I believe the Toner Drive Duct was the part that resolved the issue. But i would recommend replacing both.

All the best