Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

samsung scx 5835 unusual jamming problem

Hi there
    Would anyone have any suggestions on a Samsung scx 5835 which jams intermittently?
    It just suddenly jams from the main cassette when printing between 10 and 20 normally.
    It jams with the last paper half way out of the exit assembly ( so the paper has left the fuser).
    I think its ok from the bypass or at least 100 times better ...the problem is when feeding from the cassette really and I have changed the paper of course and the feed roller and seperation pad in the paper tray. Thanks .

Regards

Win

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts dan7777's Avatar

Re: samsung scx 5835 unusual jamming problem

Quote Originally Posted by Win View Post
    Hi there
    Would anyone have any suggestions on a Samsung scx 5835 which jams intermittently?
    It just suddenly jams from the main cassette when printing between 10 and 20 normally.
    It jams with the last paper half way out of the exit assembly ( so the paper has left the fuser).
    I think its ok from the bypass or at least 100 times better ...the problem is when feeding from the cassette really and I have changed the paper of course and the feed roller and seperation pad in the paper tray. Thanks .

Regards

Win
    I had one like that and there was a clutch in the fuser drive. I cleaned the clutch and it fixed it. Was going to replace it but customer traded it in for Canon. Do not remember the exact model.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by dan7777 View Post
    I had one like that and there was a clutch in the fuser drive. I cleaned the clutch and it fixed it. Was going to replace it but customer traded it in for Canon. Do not remember the exact model.

Hi Thanks for your reply but I would need the model number, it can be a totally different machine as you probably know. Thanks for taking the time though ....maybe I will have a look but I am hoping that someone has had this problem on this model printer.

Regards

Win

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    samsung scx 5835 unusual jamming problem

Quote Originally Posted by Win View Post
    Hi there
    I think its ok from the bypass or at least 100 times better ...the problem is when feeding from the cassette really and I have changed the paper of course and the feed roller and seperation pad in the paper tray. Thanks .Regards Win
    1) what is the JAM CODE?
    2) besides the roller n pad what have you done?
    3) start from the LAST PAGE in the machine... most likely the JAM CAUSE is in that area.

Technician

1) what is the JAM CODE?
    2) besides the roller n pad what have you done?
    3) start from the LAST PAGE in the machine... most likely the JAM CAUSE is in that area.[/QUOTE]

Hi Phil
    Please accept my apologies for the delay...I havent been in the forum recently but it werent that urgent although I do have to get it done

1) No Jam code comes up unless there s one in service mode ( I dont know the machine well enough...please advise)

2) I stretched spring on sep pad ( to no avail) .; made sure a4 and not letter was selected; cleaned exit guide where it comes out as this is where it jams ( well most of it clears the fuser and sticks half way in and half way out of the exit path where it deflects the paper out ). I just noticed the tail end is still in the fuser actually

3)...and the last page does seem a little too near to the first page ( that is halfway out the machine) ... it is virtually overlapping it by 5mm so perhaps there is a problem on registration?
    would you know what part to order or how to replace it? probably a clutch right? ( sorry I have no manual )

Oh yes it jams every time from the cassette although initially it jammed say one in 10 but the bypass will do 30 plus .Customer still trying to make out it jamms from there too but that must be very occasional I reckon.

Please can you (or anyone not too busy) let me have your thoughts?