Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Samsung SCX-5530 "door Open"

I have the manual

Display stay on "warming up please wait" and flashing once in a wile "open door"

Turning on the main switch the ADF cycles normal, no printer engine cycle, only faint clicks like a solenoid clicking every 2 seconds.

Fuser door switch works fine.

Front door switch on the HVPS - checking the switch on the board with a meter the switch operates ok.

My guess it is the HVPS, if you experience this message and symptoms and solved it please let me know.

Thanks

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Re: Samsung SCX-5530 "door Open"

Did you solve the this problem? How?
    Was it the HVPS?
    Thanks

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gideon View Post
    I have the manual Display stay on "warming up please wait" and flashing once in a wile "open door"
    Turning on the main switch the ADF cycles normal, no printer engine cycle, only faint clicks like a solenoid clicking every 2 seconds.
    Front door switch on the HVPS - checking the switch on the board with a meter the switch operates ok.
    My guess it is the HVPS, if you experience this message and symptoms and solved it please let me know.
    Thanks

then not 1) switch 2) cable ( if you tested from BOTH ENDS of harness for proper voltage) 3) HVPS working

MAIN ISSUE: Display stay on "warming up please wait"
    THINK: WHAT PART of a printer/copier/fax would need too warm up? (fuser OR scan lamp for copier/MFP)
    NOW what controls the fuser? ( you have eliminated *for the most part* HVPS ) AC power (not DC ) is supplied by LVPS.

So.. Prof Phil says... SWAP THE FUSER FIRST... 1) it's a page driven service part 2) cheaper to customer if it is the fix 3) easier to swap than a HVPS 4) HVPS is the More EXPENSIVE fix. K.I.S.S. !!!!!

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post

then not 1) switch 2) cable ( if you tested from BOTH ENDS of harness for proper voltage) 3) HVPS working

MAIN ISSUE: Display stay on "warming up please wait"
    THINK: WHAT PART of a printer/copier/fax would need too warm up? (fuser OR scan lamp for copier/MFP)
    NOW what controls the fuser? ( you have eliminated *for the most part* HVPS ) AC power (not DC ) is supplied by LVPS.

So.. Prof Phil says... SWAP THE FUSER FIRST... 1) it's a page driven service part 2) cheaper to customer if it is the fix 3) easier to swap than a HVPS 4) HVPS is the More EXPENSIVE fix. K.I.S.S. !!!!!

I didn't eliminate the HVPS, I eliminate only the switch, I'll try to swap the HVPS and see.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gideon View Post
    I didn't eliminate the HVPS, I eliminate only the switch, I'll try to swap the HVPS and see.
    ok

that was the last time I will try and help you... you are chasing your ass.