Senior Tech 250+ Posts

"MCBAssert" Samsung SCX8128

Hi All ,Need Help .
    Samsung SCX 8128 Show "MCBAssert" and machine restart.
    what is MBCAssert ?Is under service manual?can't find in manual.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts vigour's Avatar

Re: "MCBAssert" Samsung SCX8128

I have seen that on one machine. Have not solved it yet. We replaced the main controller but it did not help.
    Going to try the hard drive next.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Haven't seen that specific error, but my guess would be control panel. Samsung's run twin operating systems, one on the panel, and one on the main board. That sounds a lot like the type of error a faulty control panel would display.
    Why does every customer think they're the first one to ever say: "you've been here so much we should get you an office, ha, ha, ha"?

Quote Originally Posted by arnh79 View Post
    Haven't seen that specific error, but my guess would be control panel. Samsung's run twin operating systems, one on the panel, and one on the main board. That sounds a lot like the type of error a faulty control panel would display.
    This model does not use a tablet as a control panel. Does your theory still apply ?

it can be the control penal it self. this model I have faced some error of it control penal.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vigour View Post
    This model does not use a tablet as a control panel. Does your theory still apply ?
    It still applies. Although the newer tablet models use an android OS, the older models still had a separate OS on the panel. I've seen where the control panel on a CLX-9201 displays weird errors or is stuck in a loading screen but you can still print and access the web portal.
    Why does every customer think they're the first one to ever say: "you've been here so much we should get you an office, ha, ha, ha"?

Quote Originally Posted by arnh79 View Post
    It still applies. Although the newer tablet models use an android OS, the older models still had a separate OS on the panel. I've seen where the control panel on a CLX-9201 displays weird errors or is stuck in a loading screen but you can still print and access the web portal.
    WE shall know tomorrow.
    I am going to that machine tomorrow to replace the control panel for a different issue. So I will let you guys know the outcome

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Observe for a week at office a return the copier to the customer and find out this problem.

When they print from explorer ,one copy is no problem but when they print a lot ,is about 11 pages and is about 40MB for the whole process,once they send the job to the printer, the display was show "MCBAssert" and restart the copier automatically and go back to normal.
    But after advising them to download the file,when they print the whole 11 pages is about 4 or 5 MB only and successfully printed out.

Good one bro.
    I had nothing to report. After I changed the control panel, they said they have not seen the message for a while.
    We did suspect it was related to big files, because a hard drive was put in that machine because it could not keep up with the type of jobs they print

Now it is saying intermittently....
    SORRY
    The application Machine setup (process.com.Samsung.xoa.ui.local.android.app.mach inesetup) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again