Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Samsung SCX5835 04-000

Customer called , said they had an error 04-000 showing , they said they had found info online that it was an LSU problem . I told them I would get back to them . I have the service manual , I even went and found a newer copy , what a horrible manual , both of them . Tried to find the code and better info on it but did not see it anywhere in the manual , any ideas where Samsung lists error codes ? Anyhow , I found a reference online that supported what they had told me . Has anyone had this issue and has it been just the Laser unit and is it an easy enough job to tackle ? Any thoughts or further info would be appreciated , thanks in advance as always , Ark .

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Samsung SCX5835 04-000

Re: Samsung SCX5835 04-000

It's highly likely the Laser Unit, but could be the Main Board or even the SMPS Board, but probably the Laser Unit.
    You could try to take apart the Laser Unit and put a drop of oil where the spinning mirror shaft goes into the motor.
    I've done that on a different model and it worked.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Samsung SCX5835 04-000

Re: Samsung SCX5835 04-000

Quote Originally Posted by copydocinc View Post
    It's highly likely the Laser Unit, but could be the Main Board or even the SMPS Board, but probably the Laser Unit.
    You could try to take apart the Laser Unit and put a drop of oil where the spinning mirror shaft goes into the motor.
    I've done that on a different model and it worked.
    Thats a horrid job on that model lol! You have to have the machine almost to frames just to get to the lsu.

Regards!

A.